Welcome screen timer

I notice that after about five minutes of idle time, the Welcome Screen is
re-displayed. Can I increase this timer?

Regards
Stephen Ford
4 answers Last reply
More about welcome screen timer

    Right-click desktop > Properties > Screen Saver

    In "Wait" box

    Jon

    "Stephen Ford" <stephen_ford_NOSPAM_@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >I notice that after about five minutes of idle time, the Welcome Screen is
    >re-displayed. Can I increase this timer?
    >
    > Regards
    > Stephen Ford

    I've tried increasing the wait time as you suggest. We'll see what happens.

    I'd ignored that before because I'd swear this happens sooner than the
    15mins default. But the "On resume, display Welcome screen" is what's
    happening, so I must be wrong! We'll see. Anyway the "On resume.." is
    equally useful, because by disabing that, I can restart directly in the
    screen in which I was working, so thanks.

    Regards
    Stephen Ford

    Try power options then - same options of displaying welcome screen.

    "Stephen Ford" <stephen_ford_NOSPAM_@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:uAILB7ydFHA.688@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > I've tried increasing the wait time as you suggest. We'll see what happens.
    >
    > I'd ignored that before because I'd swear this happens sooner than the
    > 15mins default. But the "On resume, display Welcome screen" is what's
    > happening, so I must be wrong! We'll see. Anyway the "On resume.." is
    > equally useful, because by disabing that, I can restart directly in the
    > screen in which I was working, so thanks.
    >

    > Regards
    > Stephen Ford

    <Try power options then - same options of displaying welcome screen.>

    Thanks for suggestion. Disabling "On resume, display Welcome screen" has
    done the trick.

    Stephen

Microsoft Windows XP