Want windows explorer to open with "My Docs" expanded

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Currently my windows explorer opens with my "C" drive expanded. How do I
change this back to the default option, where explorer opens wiht "My
Documents" expanded.

Thanks in advance for your help
--
Cheers, Don

HOW TO: Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q307856

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Don wrote:
> Currently my windows explorer opens with my "C" drive
> expanded. How do I change this back to the default option,
> where explorer opens wiht "My Documents" expanded.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

Right click on the Windows Explorer shortcut and select
Properties in
the drop down menu.
On the Shortcut page look in the Target box.
Make sure it says %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe
only.
Note: You will probably need to remove /e,C:\
Click OK.

If that doesn't work, you might want to look at this article:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/prork/prde_ffs_gkge.asp

Nepatsfan