Deleting Folders from Program folder

I have got a few programs in the program folder that is in the C:\ that i
have uninstalled from the computer.

Is it safe to delete these folders?

Hope you can help me

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about deleting folders program folder

    If what you are writing is that you have uninstalled software using Control Panel/Add or
    Remove Programs, and that folders for those programs remain (usually with a just a couple
    of data files in them, or maybe empty), it would seem they were not clean uninstalls. It
    is not unusual for an uninstall to leave some folders, Start menu items, and registry
    strings/keys. If the above is the case, deleting the remaining folders for the
    uninstalled software is safe.
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    "Ongman" <Ongman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have got a few programs in the program folder that is in the C:\ that i
    > have uninstalled from the computer.
    >
    > Is it safe to delete these folders?
    >

    > Hope you can help me
    >
    > Thanks

    If the Program is truly uninstalled, then deleting the orphan folders is
    OK.

    Ongman wrote:

    > I have got a few programs in the program folder that is in the C:\ that i
    > have uninstalled from the computer.
    >
    > Is it safe to delete these folders?
    >

    > Hope you can help me
    >
    > Thanks

    Generally speaking it's safe to delete them, except in the rare case that
    some functionality of the program is used by other programs that you have
    installed. If you are worried about it, you could temporarily copy it
    elsewhere, and delete it when you've checked things are working as normal.

    Jon

    Ongman wrote:

    > I have got a few programs in the program folder that is in the C:\ that i
    > have uninstalled from the computer.
    >
    > Is it safe to delete these folders?
    >

    > Hope you can help me
    >
    > Thanks

    To add to what others have said, if unsure, move them to another
    location. If no programs complain after running for a few days, then
    delete.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User