I just loaded the Google toolbar for the first time and I feel that

If the Google toolbar is loaded but hidden, is it still operating?

Is turning popup blocker on/off supposed to make all pages slower or
faster?

I should add that I did not load the advanced features.

How would you unstall the google toolbar if it's possible?

I'm not completely sure my browsing really is slower -
have you known Google toolbar to make it slower if page info and
advanced features are not on?

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"Richard Fangnail" <richardfangnail@excite.com> wrote in message
>I just loaded the Google toolbar for the first time and I feel that
>
> If the Google toolbar is loaded but hidden, is it still operating?
>
> Is turning popup blocker on/off supposed to make all pages slower or
> faster?

Did you enable the advanced options (which also happen to track your
navigation)? They are Page Ranking and Page Info. Both require that
you navigate through their server so they can add your navigation to
their statistics (hence the ability to show related pages and to show
how many folks have visited there). This also means that Google tracks
to where you navigate. They don't care about you in particular but want
to know how often a site has visitors and need to know to where you
navigated to know what might be similar sites. If you don't want those
features then disable them in the Google Toolbar. I've never found them
of much use. It also means you add another point of possible failure in
your route since you must go through their servers before they redirect
you to the targeted site (check your firewall logs to see this happen if
you have those advanced options enabled). If their servers are slow or
busy then so, too, is you getting redirected through those servers. The
route to their servers may incur hops that have longer delays than if
you route more directly to the target site.

Control Panel | add/remove programs

|I should add that I did not load the advanced features.
|
| How would you unstall the google toolbar if it's possible?

Have you thought about the fact that it is blocking popups? Perhaps that
would cause a minor slowdown?

Tom

"Tom Pepper Willett" <tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote in message
> Have you thought about the fact that it is blocking popups? Perhaps
> that
> would cause a minor slowdown?
>
> Tom
> "Richard Fangnail" <richardfangnail@excite.com> wrote in message
> | I'm not completely sure my browsing really is slower -
> | have you known Google toolbar to make it slower if page info and
> | advanced features are not on?

Could also be the auto-fill feature taking time in trying to recognize a
prior viewed web page to see if it can then fill in the form.

On 21 Jun 2005 11:45:59 -0700, "Richard Fangnail"
<richardfangnail@excite.com> wrote:

|I'm not completely sure my browsing really is slower -
|have you known Google toolbar to make it slower if page info and
|advanced features are not on?
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files has most
plugins 4 IE. I have 6 & figure the more there the
slower IE will run on average. Some may onlu run at
specific site & r needed 4 functionality there.

1's that run most of time sure cant make IE faster.

KISS applies here.

Just my 2¢ worth. Larry
Any advise is my attempt to contribute more than I have received but I can only assure you that it works on my PC. GOOD LUCK.