Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Win XP - Windows Update installs for Admin.& Non-Admin. user

Tags:
  • Windows Update
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 21, 2005 3:29:07 PM

I have a problem where I have added a user to the administrator group in the
local machine, however this user cannot install the Windows Update unless
this user log in as administrator. And as I said before, this user is in the
Administrator group.
Can someone please help me and let me know if there is a way to work around
it.
Thanks

PS: This computers are client in a domain.

--
CP

More about : win windows update installs admin admin user

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 11:42:49 PM

crazy player <CrazyPlayer@optimum.com> wrote:

>I have a problem where I have added a user to the administrator group in the
>local machine, however this user cannot install the Windows Update unless
>this user log in as administrator. And as I said before, this user is in the
>Administrator group.

See if this helps: ""Administrators Only" Error Message When You
Attempt to Use the Windows Update Site"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316524).

--
(tm)