wireless intelimouse explorer 1.0a connot get back button ..

Tags:
  • Wireless
  • Explorer
  • Windows XP
June 21, 2005 4:06:06 PM

the wheel, left & right buttons work fine, but i cannot get the back &
forward buttons to work. i re-install the 5.2 intellimouse software, but
still have the same problem. i also booted up in safe mode & re-installed the
mouse driver.
thanks

More about : wireless intelimouse explorer connot back button

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 21, 2005 7:38:32 PM

"tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the wheel, left & right buttons work fine, but i cannot get the back &
> forward buttons to work. i re-install the 5.2 intellimouse software, but
> still have the same problem. i also booted up in safe mode & re-installed
> the
> mouse driver.
> thanks

Mouse Properties, Buttons tab. You may have selected alternate functions
for these buttons.

You may have a battery problem.

Your mouse may have a hardware problem.

Don
June 21, 2005 7:38:33 PM

hi
i already tried a brand new mouse straight from the box & have the same
results.
i also hit the set to defaults in the mouse control panel.
have any other idea's?
thanks
tim

"Don MI <>" wrote:

> "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > the wheel, left & right buttons work fine, but i cannot get the back &
> > forward buttons to work. i re-install the 5.2 intellimouse software, but
> > still have the same problem. i also booted up in safe mode & re-installed
> > the
> > mouse driver.
> > thanks
> >

> Mouse Properties, Buttons tab. You may have selected alternate functions
> for these buttons.
>
> You may have a battery problem.
>
> Your mouse may have a hardware problem.
>
> Don

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 22, 2005 7:12:42 PM

My Microsoft wireless mouse came with a USB connector and a PS/2 adaptor. If
yours did also, try using the other interface. If you are using a USB to
PS/2 adaptor ensure that your are using the adaptor that came with the mouse
and not a keyboard USB to PS-2 adaptor. I recall that they differ.

Other than the above, I have no other ideas.

Don

!