wireless intelimouse explorer 1.0a connot get back button ..

the wheel, left & right buttons work fine, but i cannot get the back &
forward buttons to work. i re-install the 5.2 intellimouse software, but
still have the same problem. i also booted up in safe mode & re-installed the
mouse driver.
thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless intelimouse explorer connot back button

    "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > the wheel, left & right buttons work fine, but i cannot get the back &
    > forward buttons to work. i re-install the 5.2 intellimouse software, but
    > still have the same problem. i also booted up in safe mode & re-installed
    > the
    > mouse driver.
    > thanks

    Mouse Properties, Buttons tab. You may have selected alternate functions
    for these buttons.

    You may have a battery problem.

    Your mouse may have a hardware problem.

    Don

    hi
    i already tried a brand new mouse straight from the box & have the same
    results.
    i also hit the set to defaults in the mouse control panel.
    have any other idea's?
    thanks
    tim

    "Don MI <>" wrote:

    > "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > the wheel, left & right buttons work fine, but i cannot get the back &
    > > forward buttons to work. i re-install the 5.2 intellimouse software, but
    > > still have the same problem. i also booted up in safe mode & re-installed
    > > the
    > > mouse driver.
    > > thanks
    > >

    > Mouse Properties, Buttons tab. You may have selected alternate functions
    > for these buttons.
    >
    > You may have a battery problem.
    >
    > Your mouse may have a hardware problem.
    >
    > Don

    My Microsoft wireless mouse came with a USB connector and a PS/2 adaptor. If
    yours did also, try using the other interface. If you are using a USB to
    PS/2 adaptor ensure that your are using the adaptor that came with the mouse
    and not a keyboard USB to PS-2 adaptor. I recall that they differ.

    Other than the above, I have no other ideas.

    Don

    > hi
    > i already tried a brand new mouse straight from the box & have the same
    > results.
    > i also hit the set to defaults in the mouse control panel.
    > have any other idea's?
    > thanks
    > tim
    >
    > "Don MI <>" wrote:
    >

    >> "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > the wheel, left & right buttons work fine, but i cannot get the back &
    >> > forward buttons to work. i re-install the 5.2 intellimouse software,
    >> > but
    >> > still have the same problem. i also booted up in safe mode &
    >> > re-installed
    >> > the
    >> > mouse driver.
    >> > thanks
    >> >

    >> Mouse Properties, Buttons tab. You may have selected alternate functions
    >> for these buttons.
    >>
    >> You may have a battery problem.
    >>
    >> Your mouse may have a hardware problem.
    >>
    >> Don