EMails not being recieved once sent out

christopher

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2003

I have the Microsoft wireless kit. My problem is I have
the wireless card installed on my laptop and when I send
emails to people they are not getting them, but I can
send them them from my desktop and they get them. So what
I have to do is if someone sends me an email and i get it
on my laptop I have to forward it to my desktop to be
able to reply. What is causing this and how can I fix it
because this is really annoying.

Mary

Do you have the correct server settings in the acct on
the laptop? You have to duplicate the acct settings in
Outlook or Outlook Express. There might be a typo in the
outgoing server. Check it carefully. And, while you're
adjusting the acct on the laptop, set it to Leave a copy
on the server. Then you'll be able to access it from the
desktop computer to eliminate the need to forward
messages.

I, too, have had some emails not go through to certain
people - any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

-Frank C

Could be their ISP is blocking certain other ISPs because of heavy spam or
Trojan activity. A lot of companies have started using filters, too. If
you have a means of checking with the party who isn't receiving the emails,
you might do so.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP