Error during Windows 7 installation

james393

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I'm using a IBM Thinkpad T42p laptop which was originally running Windows XP. My friend gave me bootable Windows 7 USB stick which he had used to successfully install Windows 7 on his laptop which is the same as mines (we're using school laptops) whenever I run the setup the laptop always abruptly restarts during the "Completing Installation" process and I get an error message saying "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." then it just restarts and loops the message.

Hi :)

You are kidding aout installing 7 yes ??

A T42 is a VERY VERY old laptop.... no way you are going to find drivers for it, even assuming you got 7 to load first, which I highly doubt...

My company still sells reconditioned/second hand T40`s and T42`s to aircraft engineers, so I know what I am takking about...

Oh and is that a LEGAL NEW copy of 7 on that stick? With a genuine key ? If so it will ONLY activate on ONE machine...

All the best Brett :)