remote screen viewing(hardware) question

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximos86

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
hello... i have spent hours looking for a hardware device that will be able to be connected to my pc and view the screen as i was sitting on the pc and type as well... like windows remote desktop but i dnt want to buy a laptop to do that... i just want a dedicated device to do it that i can find cheap(i hope)...

I don't really know what you mean. You want a peice of hardware, sort of like a laptop, that will allow you to input mouse and keyboard information into a remote computer, and view that monitor's output?

You're making things hard on yourself. I don't know of any device that exists like that. If there was one, it'd probably be more expensive than a cheap laptop and VNC. You could buy a small Asus Eee PC...They run $299, I think.

I use VNC all the time to control my servers and PC's at home from anywhere. It's free, it's easy, and I highly recommend it.
http://www.realvnc.com/

maximos86

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008

i used realvnc before.... ive ecountered asus eee before but its screen is kinda small i think and i dont know if it has the processing power for vnc... i thought maybe someone made something like this... cause what i want has nothing to do with a new laptop.... i just need something to control my pc without having to sit to a chair besides it...

maximos86

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008

i wasnt sure if it existed either thats why i asked in a forum... since it doesnt from what it seems i will have to do with an asus eee like you said (i was already considering that)... however my badget only reaches $250... got any sites where i can get one online and posted in the uk for that??? cause from amazon its more like £250

gogonutsss

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Oh my god, I also was looking for something like this. Just a screen to remotely administer your mac or pc inside a small area.
So as to be able to sit on the bed...

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I don't know of any thing like that ether.
Maybe a media device that has web browsing capabilities. but who knows how well that will be displayed. I agree that a net book is the way to go.

If you have a Windows mobile device you can use Remote desktop on it. If have a HTC Fuze it looks very good on the display. although extremely small.

Status
Not open for further replies.