Sign in with
Your question

PC3200 for Asus P4P800

Last response: in Memory
March 26, 2004 11:43:40 PM

Hello, newbie to the THGC here... I am upgrading my PC to an Asus P4P800 w/ 3Ghz Northwood and 1G PC3200. My PC is primarily used for financial trading (with a little bit of digital audio; almost no gaming), so likely no O/C'ing. It looks like most of the memory mfrs have a value line, a mid performance, and high-end. From my description, is there any reason for me to go beyond the value level? Also, any opinions on Corsair v. Geil v. OCZ v. Kingston would be helpful. Thanks!

More about : pc3200 asus p4p800

a b } Memory
March 27, 2004 2:36:31 AM

Your board is capable of dual channel mode, which provides a significant performance increase without overclocking. But a lot of memory isn't that good for such applications. I'd suggest Crucial.com for stability, using the dual channel feature with matching modules in the first and third slot.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
March 27, 2004 3:05:46 PM

Thanks Crashman!
!