PC3200 for Asus P4P800

Hello, newbie to the THGC here... I am upgrading my PC to an Asus P4P800 w/ 3Ghz Northwood and 1G PC3200. My PC is primarily used for financial trading (with a little bit of digital audio; almost no gaming), so likely no O/C'ing. It looks like most of the memory mfrs have a value line, a mid performance, and high-end. From my description, is there any reason for me to go beyond the value level? Also, any opinions on Corsair v. Geil v. OCZ v. Kingston would be helpful. Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about pc3200 asus p4p800
  1. Your board is capable of dual channel mode, which provides a significant performance increase without overclocking. But a lot of memory isn't that good for such applications. I'd suggest Crucial.com for stability, using the dual channel feature with matching modules in the first and third slot.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  2. Thanks Crashman!
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Asus