musicmatch program and application error - mmjb.exe

Hello, My name is Edward Letendre. I have a dell dimension 4000 computer
that is running windows xp professional with service pack 2. I have been
using this computer successfully for the last 6 months. However, when I have
music match jukebox version 10 running in the background along with a few
other applications (excel version 2003 and a dos application), the music
match jukebox application crashes with the following error message:

mmjb.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x7c2821b2" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The
memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

I am not sure how to correct this problem as I just recently updated the
music match jukebox free edtion to version 10 from version 9 to try and get
rid of this error, but as you can see the error message has returned. Can
anyoune help me?

Edward Letendre.
4 answers Last reply
More about musicmatch program application error mmjb

    Hi Edward,

    You might find more help here:

    MusicMatch Jukebox Support
    http://www.musicmatch.com/form/support/

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Edward Letendre" <EdwardLetendre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, My name is Edward Letendre. I have a dell dimension 4000 computer
    > that is running windows xp professional with service pack 2. I have been
    > using this computer successfully for the last 6 months. However, when I have
    > music match jukebox version 10 running in the background along with a few
    > other applications (excel version 2003 and a dos application), the music
    > match jukebox application crashes with the following error message:
    >
    > mmjb.exe - Application Error
    > The instruction at "0x7c2821b2" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The
    > memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.
    >
    > I am not sure how to correct this problem as I just recently updated the
    > music match jukebox free edtion to version 10 from version 9 to try and get
    > rid of this error, but as you can see the error message has returned. Can
    > anyoune help me?
    >
    > Edward Letendre.

    Just want to let you know you are not alone. I have the exact same error
    message. I thought it might have been caused by my installing the Yahoo
    Music Engine since the problem started right after I installed the software,
    but now I am not so sure. I have e-mailed Musicmatch and am waiting for an
    answer. If you hear anything please let me know.

    Phil

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi Edward,
    >
    > You might find more help here:
    >
    > MusicMatch Jukebox Support
    > http://www.musicmatch.com/form/support/
    >
    > --
    >
    > Anando
    > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > http://www.mvps.org
    >
    > In memory of Alex Nichol
    >
    > Folder customizations
    > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    >
    > Protect your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    > "Edward Letendre" <EdwardLetendre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:AC9CF0F2-014F-498B-893C-CFEE4DF10708@microsoft.com...
    >> Hello, My name is Edward Letendre. I have a dell dimension 4000 computer
    >> that is running windows xp professional with service pack 2. I have been
    >> using this computer successfully for the last 6 months. However, when I
    >> have
    >> music match jukebox version 10 running in the background along with a few
    >> other applications (excel version 2003 and a dos application), the music
    >> match jukebox application crashes with the following error message:
    >>
    >> mmjb.exe - Application Error
    >> The instruction at "0x7c2821b2" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The
    >> memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.
    >>
    >> I am not sure how to correct this problem as I just recently updated the
    >> music match jukebox free edtion to version 10 from version 9 to try and
    >> get
    >> rid of this error, but as you can see the error message has returned.
    >> Can
    >> anyoune help me?
    >>
    >> Edward Letendre.

    They generally stall, give inappropriate advice, advise a reinstall, until
    they develop a fix. Just keep checking for updates.
    "Phil" <ashnan@delete@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    > Just want to let you know you are not alone. I have the exact same error
    > message. I thought it might have been caused by my installing the Yahoo
    > Music Engine since the problem started right after I installed the
    software,
    > but now I am not so sure. I have e-mailed Musicmatch and am waiting for an
    > answer. If you hear anything please let me know.
    >
    > Phil
    >
    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > > Hi Edward,
    > >
    > > You might find more help here:
    > >
    > > MusicMatch Jukebox Support
    > > http://www.musicmatch.com/form/support/
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Anando
    > > Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > > http://www.mvps.org
    > >
    > > In memory of Alex Nichol
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    > >
    > > Folder customizations
    > > http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
    > >
    > > Protect your PC!
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    > >

    > > "Edward Letendre" <EdwardLetendre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > > message news:AC9CF0F2-014F-498B-893C-CFEE4DF10708@microsoft.com...
    > >> Hello, My name is Edward Letendre. I have a dell dimension 4000
    computer
    > >> that is running windows xp professional with service pack 2. I have
    been
    > >> using this computer successfully for the last 6 months. However, when
    > >> have
    > >> music match jukebox version 10 running in the background along with a
    few
    > >> other applications (excel version 2003 and a dos application), the
    music
    > >> match jukebox application crashes with the following error message:
    > >>
    > >> mmjb.exe - Application Error
    > >> The instruction at "0x7c2821b2" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The
    > >> memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.
    > >>
    > >> I am not sure how to correct this problem as I just recently updated
    the
    > >> music match jukebox free edtion to version 10 from version 9 to try and
    > >> get
    > >> rid of this error, but as you can see the error message has returned.
    > >> Can
    > >> anyoune help me?
    > >>
    > >> Edward Letendre.

    Well hopefully if enough people report the same problem they will come out
    with a fix fairly soon.

    Phil

Windows XP