Help needed to config a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAUGGERNAUT

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
Hi!
Can someone tell me what my options are with regard to the following requirements??

1_What is your budget?
$1500 - $2000

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14.1" or 15"

3_What screen resolutionhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/display_resolution do you want?
1280×1024
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable
5_How much battery life do you need?
2-3hrs
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes,NFSMW,WoW High settings
7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editinghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_editing , surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
Photo / Video editing , surfing the web, playing music, watching movies
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
250/300 GB
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
HP.com,dell.com
10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4-5yrs
11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
Would like to have-
1. Bluetooth
2. DVD-Rw
3. Fingerprint Scanner/reader
4. 2mp Webcam

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
HP pavilion or dell(if not in budget)
13_What country do you live in?
USA

JAUGGERNAUT

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
Can ne i give a better explaination on graphics card coz am really confused Someone suggested nVidia 8800MGTX. Which 1 should i go for- Geforce 8600M or 8800MGTX ?

Yes, towards the end of this year. The downside is that they are supposed to come with a ridiculous price tag, so it's not worth the wait since a higher clocked dual core will outperform in games and non-multi threaded apps.

JAUGGERNAUT

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
Hmmm!!! Well then a high end c2d sounds better now!!!
Btw how is 9600mgt & 8800mgts?? What other options do i have apart from 8800mgtx??
I was hoping to go for an Hp note book (dv5t series)& couldn't find any hp notebooks wid 8800mgtx (including >15" one's).

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I have the quad core mobile chips, but the 860TU and the 570TU at this time will not take them. The 570TU needs a motherboard revision.

You may want to consider waiting to increase your budget if you want this system to last 4-5 years. That or reduce your budget and buy a lesser mid-range system now and in a few years sell it and get another newer mid-range system then.

Trying to get something that is $1,500 that can meet all your requirements would be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.