Sign in with
Your question

Need advice on laptop to buy.

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 9, 2008 5:37:12 PM

1_What is your budget?

460 pounds

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

doesn't matter

3_What screen resolution do you want?

doesn't matter

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

its both.

5_How much battery life do you need?

few hours for lectures.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Just want to play world of warcraft. Just high spell detail and high terrain detail. Just smoothly you know, be able to play, so like 60fps.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)

just usual, email, firefox, messenger, maybe odd music conversion programs.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

dont really need an hd as i have 2 externals, but any hardrive with any space is a bonus

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

2 years would be great

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

Im heading to uni in a few months so i need some help selecting a laptop. Obviously price is key, so cheaper the better. Im used to my home system of E6400 core 2 processor, 2gb ram and Nvidia 8500gt. So i wondered if anyone could link me to a laptop with those similar specs. I just want to be able to do thinks fast and the only game i need to be able to play is world of warcraft :p . Maybe i dont need such a fast processor as i have seen that 2ghz + can get price.

Dont need an Operating system.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13_What country do you live in?

England.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

More about : advice laptop buy

August 13, 2008 7:05:59 PM

dam sorry, its a zepto nexus a15

15.4" WXGA (1280x800)
NVIDIA® Geforce 9600M GT 512MB
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor P7350
4096 MB DDR2 800MHz PC6400
250GB 5400rpm. SATA harddisk
DVD-RW / CD-RW SATA