Cannot use folder options

When i try to access the folder options from the control panel, it tells me
something like "you do not have access, please contact your admin." It's my
home computer! how do i get it to let me access the folder options?
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot folder options

    Are your on an account that is a Computer Administrator or are you using a
    Limited Account?

    Tyler Juhnke wrote:

    > When i try to access the folder options from the control panel, it tells me
    > something like "you do not have access, please contact your admin." It's my
    > home computer! how do i get it to let me access the folder options?

    Try running the edit on Kelly's site, line 129, "Restore Folder Options
    Under Tools" at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    See the top of the page for info on running the edit.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    I have the only "profile" on the computer, so i should be the administrator.

    "Matt" wrote:

    > Are your on an account that is a Computer Administrator or are you using a
    > Limited Account?
    >

    > "Tyler Juhnke" wrote:
    >
    > > When i try to access the folder options from the control panel, it tells me
    > > something like "you do not have access, please contact your admin." It's my
    > > home computer! how do i get it to let me access the folder options?

Control Panel Microsoft Windows XP