Sign in with
Your question

Macbook Pro 13' 2010 (10.6.5) problem with .dmg?

Last response: in Mobile Computing
January 13, 2011 1:15:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I bought macbook pro 13 about half a year ago at a great price. I have downloaded some games like Spore, The Neverhood etc. and they're either in .zip files or .dmg files. When i can finally click the icon of a game which is .dmg i think, it should start the game, but it doesn't! It sorta looks like it's about to open but then nothing happens.
Could somebody please give some safe suggestions what to do? I think .dmg are mac only files. Some other forums talk about some plist deletion.

Is it possible that maybe I saved it in a wrong place?
It's in Users/me/Games/Spore/some folder i created to save it on which has a name of the password/Spore MacOSrld-spor.iso or smth along those lines.. at the

but the neverhood is a .dmg which was saved in a similar way, except the .iso part

January 13, 2011 2:23:35 PM

Some dmg files when you click on them will mount a virtual drive. Try it and see if a virtual drive appears on your desktop space. If it does, go to the virtual drive and install the game from there.
January 14, 2011 9:24:51 AM

rwpritchett said:
Some dmg files when you click on them will mount a virtual drive. Try it and see if a virtual drive appears on your desktop space. If it does, go to the virtual drive and install the game from there.

thanx f the reply,

well, it does create this white hard drive looking thing on my desktop space, then i double click it and it doesn't work...nothing starts...
!