MS MN100 Password Problems

Ok, some of you'll get pissed at me for posting this,
because its retarded. You've been wanred.

OK, I am the systems administrator at a company, I just
started here 2 weeks ago. I've been slowing cleaning up
around here, anyway, Theyve got some stupid wireless
internet, always giving them problems. ONe major thing is
that they dont have a static IP, and the MN100 has
problems getting an IP from this ISP's DHCP Server, so,
they offerd me a static IP. Thats great, the only problem
is, I dont know what the password is, and I dont know what
theyve got configured on the inside, So I was wondering if
there was some kind of Flash or something I could do to
reset the password, bate save all the other configuration.
I've tried admin, administrator, password, and all the
general company passwords...

If you can't remember the password, you can reset the router so that it will
have its default password of "admin".

Press and hold the reset button for greater than 7 seconds. That should do
the trick.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Jt E" <Jtegg13@mycingular.com> wrote in message
> Ok, some of you'll get pissed at me for posting this,
> because its retarded. You've been wanred.
>
> OK, I am the systems administrator at a company, I just
> started here 2 weeks ago. I've been slowing cleaning up
> around here, anyway, Theyve got some stupid wireless
> internet, always giving them problems. ONe major thing is
> that they dont have a static IP, and the MN100 has
> problems getting an IP from this ISP's DHCP Server, so,
> they offerd me a static IP. Thats great, the only problem
> is, I dont know what the password is, and I dont know what
> theyve got configured on the inside, So I was wondering if
> there was some kind of Flash or something I could do to
> reset the password, bate save all the other configuration.
> I've tried admin, administrator, password, and all the
> general company passwords...

Remember though to backup all the settings before you do reset the router
otherwise you will have to setup the network again. Also just try "admin"
without the quotation marks as it might be at its default.

cheers!