Closing Control Panel window

Why do I get the "default beep" everytime I close the control panel window?
Even if I don't do anything within the control panel, I still get that "ding"
when I close the window, indicating some sort of error...

Do you get the same beep sound while closing other Windows. It could be the
Sound events set. This could be done through Control Panel -> Sounds and
Multimedia -> Sounds tab.

"operaflute" wrote:

> Why do I get the "default beep" everytime I close the control panel window?
> Even if I don't do anything within the control panel, I still get that "ding"
> when I close the window, indicating some sort of error...

Nope - just when I close control panel and, I just noticed, when I close IE.
Definitely new as of today, and can't think of anything I did that would
cause this.

"Jason_thekiller" wrote:

> Do you get the same beep sound while closing other Windows. It could be the
> Sound events set. This could be done through Control Panel -> Sounds and
> Multimedia -> Sounds tab.
>
> "operaflute" wrote:
>
> > Why do I get the "default beep" everytime I close the control panel window?
> > Even if I don't do anything within the control panel, I still get that "ding"
> > when I close the window, indicating some sort of error...

If you are sure, that there is sound scheme set, then you can try the
following method to isolate the issue. Open Control Panel and close it. Then
Right click My Computer -> Manage.
Click + sign besides Event Viewer and click on System category.
Then click the first entry in the Right hand pane of the Window and let me
know the error log entered.

"operaflute" wrote:

> Nope - just when I close control panel and, I just noticed, when I close IE.
> Definitely new as of today, and can't think of anything I did that would
> cause this.
>
> "Jason_thekiller" wrote:
>
> > Do you get the same beep sound while closing other Windows. It could be the
> > Sound events set. This could be done through Control Panel -> Sounds and
> > Multimedia -> Sounds tab.
> >
> > "operaflute" wrote:
> >
> > > Why do I get the "default beep" everytime I close the control panel window?
> > > Even if I don't do anything within the control panel, I still get that "ding"
> > > when I close the window, indicating some sort of error...

Now that's a handy little tool I didn't know about. However, in this
instance, it is not logging any sort of error after the "default beep."

"Jason_thekiller" wrote:

> If you are sure, that there is sound scheme set, then you can try the
> following method to isolate the issue. Open Control Panel and close it. Then
> Right click My Computer -> Manage.
> Click + sign besides Event Viewer and click on System category.
> Then click the first entry in the Right hand pane of the Window and let me
> know the error log entered.
>
> "operaflute" wrote:
>
> > Nope - just when I close control panel and, I just noticed, when I close IE.
> > Definitely new as of today, and can't think of anything I did that would
> > cause this.
> >
> > "Jason_thekiller" wrote:
> >
> > > Do you get the same beep sound while closing other Windows. It could be the
> > > Sound events set. This could be done through Control Panel -> Sounds and
> > > Multimedia -> Sounds tab.

I'm still having this issue, and have noticed that it happens in:

Control Panel
My Computer
The explore and search windows
IE

Anyone know what the common denominator is with all these? Makes me nuts.