Hello all,

I'm investigating the possibility of setting up a judge on an old unix
box at the company I work for, to be used for games between my
colleagues.

I'm confused as to how many different packages are available, and if
there are options, which one is best for my needs.

I'm no sysadmin god, but enjoy an educational challenge, if enjoy is
the right word. I'd very much appreciate being pointed in the right
direction by some generous hearted cognnoscente.

Thanks in advance

In article <a0b3b677.0406030841.5e17475f@posting.google.com>,
Pete SPLINTER <pcoward@lionhead.com> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I'm investigating the possibility of setting up a judge on an old unix
>box at the company I work for, to be used for games between my
>colleagues.
>
>I'm confused as to how many different packages are available, and if
>there are options, which one is best for my needs.

I don't know much about the DPJudge, but the Ken Lowe Judge (a.k.a. njudge
or simply, the Judge) software is available from http://www.njudge.org --
should install with relative ease on any reasonably sane Unix like
system. Most Judges these days run on Linux of some flavor. I ought to try
it out on my NetBSD system sometime just to see how it goes...

>I'm no sysadmin god, but enjoy an educational challenge, if enjoy is
>the right word. I'd very much appreciate being pointed in the right
>direction by some generous hearted cognnoscente.

(1) Check out http://www.njudge.org (2) subscribe to the
judge-maint@diplom.org mail list (3) e-mail us if you have problems.

-Tim Miller