Set up problem - clock reset on every re-boot

Greetings. My boot procedure has been producing the same error just about
every time. Basically, my clock settings get thrown back to 12:00am to a date
in 2003. An offshoot of this is that my Norton virus does not load.

What can I do
3 answers Last reply
More about problem clock reset boot

    You should be able to reset the clock settings in your BIOS (press F2 or DEL
    or somthing as soon as you start the computer)

    If the clock resets the next time you try to boot, that probably means that
    the CMOS Battery (i think that's what it's called) could be dead. This
    battery is supposed to last a long time though, and would seem quite
    unlikely. So you should try my info first then see what an MVP says (they're
    so smart!)

    --
    Jayso

    "Koons" <Koons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings. My boot procedure has been producing the same error just about
    > every time. Basically, my clock settings get thrown back to 12:00am to a
    > date
    > in 2003. An offshoot of this is that my Norton virus does not load.
    >
    > What can I do

    Jayso - I'm not sure if I was clear, but this happens just about everytime
    that I start my computer. I've fixed it before during the BIOS boot routine
    (F2), but that means nothing in the long term, as it happens every time I
    start the machine.

    "Jayso" wrote:

    > You should be able to reset the clock settings in your BIOS (press F2 or DEL
    > or somthing as soon as you start the computer)
    >
    > If the clock resets the next time you try to boot, that probably means that
    > the CMOS Battery (i think that's what it's called) could be dead. This
    > battery is supposed to last a long time though, and would seem quite
    > unlikely. So you should try my info first then see what an MVP says (they're
    > so smart!)
    >
    > --
    > Jayso
    >

    > "Koons" <Koons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Greetings. My boot procedure has been producing the same error just about
    > > every time. Basically, my clock settings get thrown back to 12:00am to a
    > > date
    > > in 2003. An offshoot of this is that my Norton virus does not load.
    > >
    > > What can I do

    that means you might possibly have to change your cmos battery

    But you might wanna wait for an MVP or something cos cmos batteries last for
    a long time

    --

    > Jayso - I'm not sure if I was clear, but this happens just about everytime
    > that I start my computer. I've fixed it before during the BIOS boot
    > routine
    > (F2), but that means nothing in the long term, as it happens every time I
    > start the machine.
    >
    > "Jayso" wrote:
    >
    >> You should be able to reset the clock settings in your BIOS (press F2 or
    >> DEL
    >> or somthing as soon as you start the computer)
    >>
    >> If the clock resets the next time you try to boot, that probably means
    >> that
    >> the CMOS Battery (i think that's what it's called) could be dead. This
    >> battery is supposed to last a long time though, and would seem quite
    >> unlikely. So you should try my info first then see what an MVP says
    >> (they're
    >> so smart!)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jayso
    >>

    >> "Koons" <Koons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Greetings. My boot procedure has been producing the same error just
    >> > about
    >> > every time. Basically, my clock settings get thrown back to 12:00am to
    >> > date
    >> > in 2003. An offshoot of this is that my Norton virus does not load.
    >> >
    >> > What can I do

Boot Microsoft Windows XP