Sign in with
Your question
Closed

GPS Tracking

Last response: in General Connectivity
August 21, 2010 3:09:36 PM

Hello, using smartphones I would like to keep track of my dementia motherinlaw. Is there a solution?

More about : gps tracking

September 4, 2010 5:32:39 AM

there are about a million and one soultions... BUT personally DONT BUY HER A SMART PHONE!!!! It will just confuse her... Buy her a normal phone and then talk to whoever your carrier is and ask them about gps tracking... When i worked for nextel they had this AWESOME program that you put on the phone and then go online and setup boundaries at certain times and if the phone ever left that area it would send you a text alert... you could also use any web browser (after logging in) and track the phone down.
September 14, 2010 9:47:48 AM

hwillett said:
Hello, using smartphones I would like to keep track of my dementia motherinlaw. Is there a solution?

"MobileHelp provides a mobile device with a built-in speaker that can be used to summon help, wherever there’s a cellular signal. Push a button, and a few seconds later an operator is on the line.
The mobile unit contains GPS sensing technology. The operator correctly located me within a few hundred feet of an intersection.
The product looks good as well — white and unobtrusive. The base unit has giant buttons to push, to get and cancel help.
The hardware is lent to the subscriber at no charge. Monthly fees are $34.95 per month if paid a year in advance or $39.95 on a month-by-month basis.
There’s no technology that’s perfect. GPS isn’t perfect, but that doesn’t stop people from relying on it.
"
September 24, 2011 4:19:03 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!