Need laptop $700 or under that will run all Blizzard games perfectly

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Games
  • Blizzard
  • Mobile Computing
Last response: in Mobile Computing
January 20, 2011 12:35:50 AM

Could somebody help me find a laptop with the specified budget that will run all blizzard games at max graphics with 50 or 60 fps?

Considering i am a picky butthole there are a few things i am looking for aside from the forementioned items.

Before i list them.. i would like it to be known that i currently have a 4 year old Toshiba Satellite. It is running slowly lately, and i do not like how it overheats and turns off a lot, i do not like it's shape, and it seems very un mobile. It feels like it's a hassle to take it in a backpack or something because it feels so big to be a laptop, it seems more like a replacement desktop to me. It has a 15.5 inch screen, and i would be looking for something a bit smaller perhaps 14 or 14.5 inches.

Picky items i am looking for:

-Doesnt get too hot.
-A very mobile computer
-14-14.5 inches
-Shape, i would prefer if, when closed it was just a rectangular prism shape, just like a closed box. flat on all edges.. (seems silly i know..) (If you don't know what im talking about, an example would be like the Google Chrome OS Laptop's shape)
-Will last 5 years running nicely if possible
-Has plenty of ram
-Is still useable for school because i will be going to college next year.

Thanks for your trouble, and if i am asking too much please let me know.

More about : laptop 700 run blizzard games perfectly

a c 244 D Laptop
January 20, 2011 1:43:03 PM

You can't find a laptop that can max out all of those games with your budget.
The cheapest gaming laptops cost $1000
m
l
January 21, 2011 5:21:12 AM

Maybe not starcraft 2, but wow, wc3, and d2 arent very graphic intensive are they?
m
l
Related resources
a c 244 D Laptop
January 21, 2011 6:26:40 AM

They aren't but they still need a good amount of GPU power.
m
l
January 22, 2011 11:17:00 PM

my laptop still run all those games wc3 and d2 with a 9600m gt. starcraft 2 i have to oc a little still runs cool can run on medium fluently. high gives a struggle.
im confident you'll be able to find a laptop at $700 to run those games but newer games expect low-medium specs. cant really look on the iphone right now.
m
l
February 3, 2011 3:20:28 AM

Do you know of any laptops specifically? Sc2 i dont really care about, but being able to run the rest would be a plus. Or at least give me a list of good stats i should look for in a laptop to meet my criteria. Thanks, Zeroslack.
m
l
February 3, 2011 3:00:15 PM

acer 4820tg can run on medium i think even high. it goes for $800 for the refreshed one with the i5 480m and 6550m. Im sure you can find the old one which comes with i5 460m and 5650. 6550 is a renamed of 5650.
m
l
!