Dating diplomacy players

Ivan

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Hi,

Let us say that I am playing in a face to face game at a tournament
such as DixieCon or the Massacre. If there are females playing in my
game and one of them hits on me, am I allowed to ask her out during
the game. Or do I need to wait until after the game is over?

The reason I ask is that there are no rules stated anywhere about
this.

Thanks a lot,

(also the same question regarding judge games too)

Why should it be restricted? Yuo can meet players at the table that
may become good friends, why not this.

Don't forget, it doesn't have to be with females only, could be males
too if that's your preference! ;)

Millis

talltree0@yahoo.com (Ivan) writes:

> Let us say that I am playing in a face to face game at a tournament
> such as DixieCon or the Massacre. If there are females playing in my
> game and one of them hits on me, am I allowed to ask her out during
> the game. Or do I need to wait until after the game is over?
>
> The reason I ask is that there are no rules stated anywhere about
> this.

Then it's alright, I guess.

> (also the same question regarding judge games too)

If you use the EP house rules, you'd have to make sure that all your
communication take place via judge press.

In article <fbb2d818.0406161951.39e55aff@posting.google.com>,
talltree0@yahoo.com says...
> Hi,
>
> Let us say that I am playing in a face to face game at a tournament
> such as DixieCon or the Massacre. If there are females playing in my
> game and one of them hits on me, am I allowed to ask her out during
> the game. Or do I need to wait until after the game is over?
>
> The reason I ask is that there are no rules stated anywhere about
> this.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> (also the same question regarding judge games too)

I think the best advice is "Always use ALL your negotiating
resources."

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=
1998090216074300.MAA29182%40ladder03.news.aol.com

or

http://shorterlink.com/?BF6GG9

--
Greg
----

In article <fbb2d818.0406161951.39e55aff@posting.google.com>,
talltree0@yahoo.com (Ivan) writes:
> Hi,
>
> Let us say that I am playing in a face to face game at a tournament
> such as DixieCon or the Massacre. If there are females playing in my
> game and one of them hits on me, am I allowed to ask her out during
> the game. Or do I need to wait until after the game is over?

Do you honestly think that she's *really* hitting on you? I wouldn't
believe that for a second. If she hits on me after the game, that's
a different story -- but during the game, I'm going to assume she
just wants me to let her into Tyrolia.

My advice: stab her immediately and take her out of the game. If
she's still interested in you -- *that's* a keeper! :)

Doug
___, Doug Massey, ASIC Digital Logic Designer
\o IBM Microelectronics Division, Burlington, Vermont |>
| Phone: (802)769-7095 t/l: 446-7095 fax: x6752 |
/ \ |
. My homepage: http://doug.obscurestuff.com (|)

In article <cas29h$adq$1@news.btv.ibm.com>, Douglas T. (Doug) Massey
<masseyd@valhalla.no.spam.com> writes
>In article <fbb2d818.0406161951.39e55aff@posting.google.com>,
> talltree0@yahoo.com (Ivan) writes:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Let us say that I am playing in a face to face game at a tournament
>> such as DixieCon or the Massacre. If there are females playing in my
>> game and one of them hits on me, am I allowed to ask her out during
>> the game. Or do I need to wait until after the game is over?
>
>Do you honestly think that she's *really* hitting on you? I wouldn't
>believe that for a second. If she hits on me after the game, that's
>a different story -- but during the game, I'm going to assume she
>just wants me to let her into Tyrolia.
>
>My advice: stab her immediately and take her out of the game. If
>she's still interested in you -- *that's* a keeper! :)

I think I'm beginning to get the glimmers of a great Diplomacy novel.
Call it something like "Decent proposal". The core of the plot will
centre on the exact price for Munich. One can imagine ads in the zines
"MMF and dog for Tun and ION" etc.

>Doug
>--
> ___, Doug Massey, ASIC Digital Logic Designer
> \o IBM Microelectronics Division, Burlington, Vermont |>
> | Phone: (802)769-7095 t/l: 446-7095 fax: x6752 |
> / \ |
> . My homepage: http://doug.obscurestuff.com (|)

--
John (MadDog) Probst| . ! -^- |AIM GLChienFou
451 Mile End Road | /|__. \:/ |BCLive ChienFou

Girls Dipping? It's probably Jim-Bob Burgess and Doug Massey in drag. And
they are just doing it to set you up for a stab.

Regarding judge games, yes, you can ask her out, but only if you do it
proper format.

"Ivan" <talltree0@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Let us say that I am playing in a face to face game at a tournament
> such as DixieCon or the Massacre. If there are females playing in my
> game and one of them hits on me, am I allowed to ask her out during
> the game. Or do I need to wait until after the game is over?
>
> The reason I ask is that there are no rules stated anywhere about
> this.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> (also the same question regarding judge games too)

A keeper indeed. A good initial sign might be if she ordered Army Galicia
to Barents Sea.

"John (MadDog) Probst" <john@asimere.com> writes:

> I think I'm beginning to get the glimmers of a great Diplomacy novel.
> Call it something like "Decent proposal". The core of the plot will
> centre on the exact price for Munich. One can imagine ads in the zines
> "MMF and dog for Tun and ION" etc.

The day must surely come when such an oeuvre is produced! I'd like to see a
Diplomacy version of Nick Hornby's "Fever Pitch". I might even try a stab at
it myself :)

Andy

In article <8srAc.39940$0b.10867687@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
"David E. Cohen" <david_e_cohen@yahoo.com> writes:
> A keeper indeed. A good initial sign might be if she ordered Army Galicia
> to Barents Sea.

I'd like to commend you for *not* referring to the supply center Brest,
which is the easy way out when striving for humor in this area.
Personally, I've reached the point where I won't acknowledge any
gender-based jokes involving any French province, just to be on the
safe side.