peterb

Distinguished
May 30, 2001

New version of MSN has deleted my Send/Receive "TV's" indicators on my Task
Bar. Right clicking on the icon will give Status which shows how much data
being sent'//received.
'tv's
How to I restore the

try start, run, and type msconfig and click on the startup tab and see if
you can recheck the check box. then reboot your computer

"PeterB" wrote:

> New version of MSN has deleted my Send/Receive "TV's" indicators on my Task
> Bar. Right clicking on the icon will give Status which shows how much data
> being sent'//received.
> 'tv's
> How to I restore the

are the tvs for a network card or a modem?

--
Jayso

"PeterB" <PeterB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New version of MSN has deleted my Send/Receive "TV's" indicators on my
> Task
> Bar. Right clicking on the icon will give Status which shows how much
> data
> being sent'//received.
> 'tv's
> How to I restore the

I'm not sure exactly what camille is talking about, but here's how to fix
it:

Go into my network connections (control panel) and right-click the
connection you use for the internet (might be modem or network
adapter/DSL/LAN). Then go into properties and find the checkbox that says:
Show icon in notification area when connected. check it and press OK.

This is the same process for both types of connection by the way

--
Jayso

"PeterB" <PeterB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New version of MSN has deleted my Send/Receive "TV's" indicators on my
> Task
> Bar. Right clicking on the icon will give Status which shows how much
> data
> being sent'//received.
> 'tv's
> How to I restore the

peterb

Distinguished
May 30, 2001

Thanks Jayso.
You were right on..... but

The connection is for a dial-up (am on holiday). When I right click on
Properties for either my network or broadband connections, I get the "show
icon box" that you refer to and I am familiar with.

On the dial-up modem, it goes to a different Advanced properties tab which
relates principally to the Firewall - no show icon option box.

Any ideas?

"Jayso" wrote:

> I'm not sure exactly what camille is talking about, but here's how to fix
> it:
>
> Go into my network connections (control panel) and right-click the
> connection you use for the internet (might be modem or network
> adapter/DSL/LAN). Then go into properties and find the checkbox that says:
> Show icon in notification area when connected. check it and press OK.
>
> This is the same process for both types of connection by the way
>
> --
> Jayso
>
> "PeterB" <PeterB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > New version of MSN has deleted my Send/Receive "TV's" indicators on my
> > Task
> > Bar. Right clicking on the icon will give Status which shows how much
> > data
> > being sent'//received.
> > 'tv's
> > How to I restore the

That's odd, works for me. Just make sure you're in the properties window and
up the top you are in the GENERAL tab-thingy

This window also lists what you are using to connect and the phone number
for the modem to dial

Jayso

Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)