Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have been working on my daughter's college computer to cleanse it. In
attempting to get a Lavasoft Adaware update, whenever I type in the URL
www.lavasoft.de I am redirected to www.adawareremover.com . This only
happens on her computer. On my computer there is no redirection. I have run
Spybot and Adaware (got it through PCWorld) and scanned with McAfee.
Appears clear other than McAfee repeatedly saying that there is a Trojan at
"C:WINDOWS\system32\drivers\uooisisx.sys" which has been cleaned. Must have
been since I can't find it with Windows Explorer.

This redirection makes me think there is still something bad on the computer
.. . . and really makes you wonder about the business ethics of those who use
this practice.

Hi Bob, I always go to www.download.com and just type in the search box
Adaware. You can find many other resourceful things, but be careful, read
what is on the comments first before you download anything. Also, you want
to type in www.trojanhunter.com, this is a program that will remove any
trojans you might have on your computer, download it, it only lasts 30 days,
so you want to remove it from your computer, in chance that you might be able
to load it sometime later down the line. It really helped me out. (of course
it has to be removed from the registry before you download it again, it keeps
track that you have downloaded it before.) Also, use your search bar, not the
url box when you do a search.
Camille

ps, you might want to try cwshredder, because COOL web search is a bad
spyware prgrm that likes to attach itself to your computer.

"Bob" wrote:

> I have been working on my daughter's college computer to cleanse it. In
> attempting to get a Lavasoft Adaware update, whenever I type in the URL
> www.lavasoft.de I am redirected to www.adawareremover.com . This only
> happens on her computer. On my computer there is no redirection. I have run
> Spybot and Adaware (got it through PCWorld) and scanned with McAfee.
> Appears clear other than McAfee repeatedly saying that there is a Trojan at
> "C:WINDOWS\system32\drivers\uooisisx.sys" which has been cleaned. Must have
> been since I can't find it with Windows Explorer.
>
> This redirection makes me think there is still something bad on the computer
> .. . . and really makes you wonder about the business ethics of those who use
> this practice.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Bob wrote:

> I have been working on my daughter's college computer to cleanse it. In
> attempting to get a Lavasoft Adaware update, whenever I type in the URL
> www.lavasoft.de I am redirected to www.adawareremover.com . This only
> happens on her computer. On my computer there is no redirection. I have run
> Spybot and Adaware (got it through PCWorld) and scanned with McAfee.
> Appears clear other than McAfee repeatedly saying that there is a Trojan at
> "C:WINDOWS\system32\drivers\uooisisx.sys" which has been cleaned. Must have
> been since I can't find it with Windows Explorer.
>
> This redirection makes me think there is still something bad on the computer
> . . . and really makes you wonder about the business ethics of those who use
> this practice.

Check the hosts file.

--
Rock