Malware changed my 32-bit to 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePrideStephen

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Malware and rogue remote desktop takeover of my Win 7 management console also wreaked havok with my efforts to reassert normalcy by erasing my installaion disk, converting my 32-bit system to run 64-bit, installing four virtual hard drives, 8 modems, 2 virtual printers while disabling my internet capabilities, printer, cd & dvd drives, and corrupting each anti-malware free/share programs I've employed (Hiren's, kaspersky, Malwarebytes, GMER, etc.). Am I in over my head or is there hope...??? For a replacement Win 7 dvd, Windows points to HP, HP points to place of purchase; Geek Squad (Black Tie, no less). has twice declared system 'Clean' only to be oh, so sadly wrong.

If I had a hammer...I'd hammer in the morning...in the evening... and feel so much better.

Solution
...I'd like to know HOW the installation disk was overwritten, considering its READ ONLY. Nevermind converting from 32 to 64 bits (or reverse) is functionally impossible to accomplish.

noise

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012
You can download an installation iso from the official Microsoft online distributor (digital river) for free. See the following link.

Please ensure you have a viable install key printed on your PC in order to use this media.

benji720

Honorable
May 24, 2012
I can't speak to the 32 to 64bit conversion, because technically that's not supposed to be possible. But, it does sound like you need a new disk. You probably have Windows 7 Home on your computer (or at least a Win7 Home COA with product key somewhere affixed to it.)

What this means is that any Win7 Home OEM disc will work. Got a friend who has a snazzy new Dell? That disc will work. How about a Gateway? That disc will work.

There are two main non-corporate license types - retail and OEM. Retail are the expensive ones you buy in boxes at Best Buy or Frys and OEM is anything that came attached on a sticker to a PC you bought. Get a disc from one of these, reinstall windows 64 bit (32 is less secure) and watch where you browse from now on!

I've been looking for an excuse to do this all week...

4J9lW.jpg

Just guessing, but I think you might be connecting to the wrong computer via RDP

Status
Not open for further replies.