Task Manager wont appear

I cannot get into my task manager, it appears only for a second then
disappears. My antivirus has stopped working as well. Any ideas on why this
might be?
3 answers Last reply
More about task manager wont appear

    This script creates usable copies of REGEDIT, MSCONFIG and Task
    Manager http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    Pantherchi wrote:

    > I cannot get into my task manager, it appears only for a second then
    > disappears. My antivirus has stopped working as well. Any ideas on why this
    > might be?

    More than likely a virus infection. What happens when you try to run
    either regedit or msconfig from Start | Run? If both those also bomb
    out it's an infection.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Sounds like an infection, are you able to boot up into safe mode and run
    task manager, msconfig, regedit,...? If so run your AV in safe mode if
    possible and check out what's going on. Do a spyware scan while you're in
    safe mode as well.

    -Winux P.

    "Pantherchi" <Pantherchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I cannot get into my task manager, it appears only for a second then
    > disappears. My antivirus has stopped working as well. Any ideas on why
    > this
    > might be?

Task Manager Microsoft Antivirus Windows XP