I cannot get into my task manager, it appears only for a second then
disappears. My antivirus has stopped working as well. Any ideas on why this
might be?

This script creates usable copies of REGEDIT, MSCONFIG and Task
Manager http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"Pantherchi" <Pantherchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cannot get into my task manager, it appears only for a second then
> disappears. My antivirus has stopped working as well. Any ideas on why this
> might be?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Pantherchi wrote:

> I cannot get into my task manager, it appears only for a second then
> disappears. My antivirus has stopped working as well. Any ideas on why this
> might be?

More than likely a virus infection. What happens when you try to run
either regedit or msconfig from Start | Run? If both those also bomb
out it's an infection.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Sounds like an infection, are you able to boot up into safe mode and run
task manager, msconfig, regedit,...? If so run your AV in safe mode if
possible and check out what's going on. Do a spyware scan while you're in
safe mode as well.

-Winux P.