hace

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004

The manual says:

=============
SET GRACE date

Change the grace period for the current phase. This can be either earlier
or later than the previously-set grace period, but cannot be earlier than
the current deadline.
=============

Will the grace date stay set if a deadline falls before the date?

--
Speel het EK Aandelenspel
http://hace.dyndns.org/ek/

"Hace" <hace@noway.nl> wrote in message

> The manual says:
>
> =============
> SET GRACE date
>
> Change the grace period for the current phase. This can be either earlier
> or later than the previously-set grace period, but cannot be earlier than
> the current deadline.
> =============
>
> Will the grace date stay set if a deadline falls before the date?

The question isn't clear. Whenever a turn is processed (which may be
before, at, or after the deadline), the Judge will then set a deadline and
grace deadline for the next turn. It will apply the game settings to
determine the "default" deadline and grace for the next turn, but it will
not set either of them to be earlier than the ones in effect for the last
turn.

Here's a concrete example. Today is 28 Jun. The deadline for Spring 1901
Moves is 29 Jun 23:30, and the grace period deadline is 1 Jul 23:30. You,
as GM, send in the command "SET GRACE 31 Jul". This doesn't change the
deadline.

Someone sends in their moves late, and Spring 1901 doesn't process until 3
Jul. Now the Judge needs to set the next deadline. It looks at the game
settings and sees that the next deadline should be 5 Jul and the next grace
deadline 7 Jul. However, 7 Jul is earlier than the current grace period (31
Jul), so it sets the deadline for Fall 1901 Moves at 5 Jul and the grace
period at 31 Jul.

Does that answer your question?

Russ

--
I don't actually read my hotmail account, but you can replace hotmail with
excite if you really want to reach me.