I am using XP Pro op. system on the PC. I have Metastock 7 and when I open
it, I get the following message: "mswth32.dll &/or mswthk16.dll could not be
opened. Metastock will not be able to detect low resource conditions". Just
prior to this message, and after clicking the Metastock icon, the screen goes
black and then comes on but the colours seem to be very stark. I click OK on
the message and carry on. It does not seem to cause a problem in operating
Mstock. When I close out Mstock, the screen goes black and then the usual
colours appear on my desktop. This seems to be a recent development on the PC.
I have exactly the same operating system (XP Pro) and Mstock on my notebook
but it all operates quite normally.

I copied the mswthk32.dll and mswthk16.dll from my notebook to the PC in
case the 2 files on the PC were corrupted but no difference.

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Norm.

You might need to change a few things on your bios

"Norm75" wrote:

> I am using XP Pro op. system on the PC. I have Metastock 7 and when I open
> it, I get the following message: "mswth32.dll &/or mswthk16.dll could not be
> opened. Metastock will not be able to detect low resource conditions". Just
> prior to this message, and after clicking the Metastock icon, the screen goes
> black and then comes on but the colours seem to be very stark. I click OK on
> the message and carry on. It does not seem to cause a problem in operating
> Mstock. When I close out Mstock, the screen goes black and then the usual
> colours appear on my desktop. This seems to be a recent development on the PC.
> I have exactly the same operating system (XP Pro) and Mstock on my notebook
> but it all operates quite normally.
>
> I copied the mswthk32.dll and mswthk16.dll from my notebook to the PC in
> case the 2 files on the PC were corrupted but no difference.
>
> Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Norm.

I believe the the 32 (32 bit) and 16 (16 bit), have you tried coverting your
system to ntfs?

"Norm75" wrote:

> I am using XP Pro op. system on the PC. I have Metastock 7 and when I open
> it, I get the following message: "mswth32.dll &/or mswthk16.dll could not be
> opened. Metastock will not be able to detect low resource conditions". Just
> prior to this message, and after clicking the Metastock icon, the screen goes
> black and then comes on but the colours seem to be very stark. I click OK on
> the message and carry on. It does not seem to cause a problem in operating
> Mstock. When I close out Mstock, the screen goes black and then the usual
> colours appear on my desktop. This seems to be a recent development on the PC.
> I have exactly the same operating system (XP Pro) and Mstock on my notebook
> but it all operates quite normally.
>
> I copied the mswthk32.dll and mswthk16.dll from my notebook to the PC in
> case the 2 files on the PC were corrupted but no difference.
>
> Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Norm.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I would advise any user to ignore this kind of ill informed advice, and
camille what the hell are you taking ???????
--
there are no problems, just challenges

"Camille" wrote:

> You might need to change a few things on your bios
>
> "Norm75" wrote:
>
> > I am using XP Pro op. system on the PC. I have Metastock 7 and when I open
> > it, I get the following message: "mswth32.dll &/or mswthk16.dll could not be
> > opened. Metastock will not be able to detect low resource conditions". Just
> > prior to this message, and after clicking the Metastock icon, the screen goes
> > black and then comes on but the colours seem to be very stark. I click OK on
> > the message and carry on. It does not seem to cause a problem in operating
> > Mstock. When I close out Mstock, the screen goes black and then the usual
> > colours appear on my desktop. This seems to be a recent development on the PC.
> > I have exactly the same operating system (XP Pro) and Mstock on my notebook
> > but it all operates quite normally.
> >
> > I copied the mswthk32.dll and mswthk16.dll from my notebook to the PC in
> > case the 2 files on the PC were corrupted but no difference.
> >
> > Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Norm.

What does this have to do with the Bios?

--
Peter

"Camille" <Camille@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD8527E8-A33E-4BB0-992A-55005CC52026@microsoft.com...
> You might need to change a few things on your bios
>
> "Norm75" wrote:
>
> > I am using XP Pro op. system on the PC. I have Metastock 7 and when I open
> > it, I get the following message: "mswth32.dll &/or mswthk16.dll could not be
> > opened. Metastock will not be able to detect low resource conditions". Just
> > prior to this message, and after clicking the Metastock icon, the screen goes
> > black and then comes on but the colours seem to be very stark. I click OK on
> > the message and carry on. It does not seem to cause a problem in operating
> > Mstock. When I close out Mstock, the screen goes black and then the usual
> > colours appear on my desktop. This seems to be a recent development on the PC.
> > I have exactly the same operating system (XP Pro) and Mstock on my notebook
> > but it all operates quite normally.
> >
> > I copied the mswthk32.dll and mswthk16.dll from my notebook to the PC in
> > case the 2 files on the PC were corrupted but no difference.
> >
> > Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Norm.

Did you update your video driver lately. Did this program do this before or is the program a new install and just started doing it since the installation

--
Peter

"Norm75" <Norm75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0C13CEC-AB90-4050-99D3-78FE51DD8DD5@microsoft.com...
> I am using XP Pro op. system on the PC. I have Metastock 7 and when I open
> it, I get the following message: "mswth32.dll &/or mswthk16.dll could not be
> opened. Metastock will not be able to detect low resource conditions". Just
> prior to this message, and after clicking the Metastock icon, the screen goes
> black and then comes on but the colours seem to be very stark. I click OK on
> the message and carry on. It does not seem to cause a problem in operating
> Mstock. When I close out Mstock, the screen goes black and then the usual
> colours appear on my desktop. This seems to be a recent development on the PC.
> I have exactly the same operating system (XP Pro) and Mstock on my notebook
> but it all operates quite normally.
>
> I copied the mswthk32.dll and mswthk16.dll from my notebook to the PC in
> case the 2 files on the PC were corrupted but no difference.
>
> Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Norm.

and peter, some people forget to do the simplest things, before they start
trying to mess with headaches of copying files and programs and operating
systems not working..................I've had problems downloading operating
with certain settings in the bios and downloading software, and sometimes
that is why some files are missing...............

"Camille" wrote:

> I believe the the 32 (32 bit) and 16 (16 bit), have you tried coverting your
> system to ntfs?
>
> "Norm75" wrote:
>
> > I am using XP Pro op. system on the PC. I have Metastock 7 and when I open
> > it, I get the following message: "mswth32.dll &/or mswthk16.dll could not be
> > opened. Metastock will not be able to detect low resource conditions". Just
> > prior to this message, and after clicking the Metastock icon, the screen goes
> > black and then comes on but the colours seem to be very stark. I click OK on
> > the message and carry on. It does not seem to cause a problem in operating
> > Mstock. When I close out Mstock, the screen goes black and then the usual
> > colours appear on my desktop. This seems to be a recent development on the PC.
> > I have exactly the same operating system (XP Pro) and Mstock on my notebook
> > but it all operates quite normally.
> >
> > I copied the mswthk32.dll and mswthk16.dll from my notebook to the PC in
> > case the 2 files on the PC were corrupted but no difference.
> >
> > Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Norm.

Thanks, Peter - for your thoughts. I haven't updated the video driver - will
give it a try. The program didn't do the strange things before and it is not
a new install. I have recently gone to a VEC LCD screen - only thing that is
new on the machine in over 2 1/2 years.

Norm.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Did you update your video driver lately. Did this program do this before or is the program a new install and just started doing it since the installation
>
> --
> Peter

> "Norm75" <Norm75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0C13CEC-AB90-4050-99D3-78FE51DD8DD5@microsoft.com...
> > I am using XP Pro op. system on the PC. I have Metastock 7 and when I open
> > it, I get the following message: "mswth32.dll &/or mswthk16.dll could not be
> > opened. Metastock will not be able to detect low resource conditions". Just
> > prior to this message, and after clicking the Metastock icon, the screen goes
> > black and then comes on but the colours seem to be very stark. I click OK on
> > the message and carry on. It does not seem to cause a problem in operating
> > Mstock. When I close out Mstock, the screen goes black and then the usual
> > colours appear on my desktop. This seems to be a recent development on the PC.
> > I have exactly the same operating system (XP Pro) and Mstock on my notebook
> > but it all operates quite normally.
> >
> > I copied the mswthk32.dll and mswthk16.dll from my notebook to the PC in
> > case the 2 files on the PC were corrupted but no difference.
> >
> > Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Norm.

Thanks Camille - I haven't looked into the bios. Haven't tried converting
system to ntfs - I'm certainly not an expert in any way so am a bit hesitant
here. Would you suggest getting some expert to look into the conversion?
Norm.

"Camille" wrote:

> and peter, some people forget to do the simplest things, before they start
> trying to mess with headaches of copying files and programs and operating
> systems not working..................I've had problems downloading operating
> with certain settings in the bios and downloading software, and sometimes
> that is why some files are missing...............
>
> "Camille" wrote:
>
> > I believe the the 32 (32 bit) and 16 (16 bit), have you tried coverting your
> > system to ntfs?
> >
> > "Norm75" wrote:
> >
> > > I am using XP Pro op. system on the PC. I have Metastock 7 and when I open
> > > it, I get the following message: "mswth32.dll &/or mswthk16.dll could not be
> > > opened. Metastock will not be able to detect low resource conditions". Just
> > > prior to this message, and after clicking the Metastock icon, the screen goes
> > > black and then comes on but the colours seem to be very stark. I click OK on
> > > the message and carry on. It does not seem to cause a problem in operating
> > > Mstock. When I close out Mstock, the screen goes black and then the usual
> > > colours appear on my desktop. This seems to be a recent development on the PC.
> > > I have exactly the same operating system (XP Pro) and Mstock on my notebook
> > > but it all operates quite normally.
> > >
> > > I copied the mswthk32.dll and mswthk16.dll from my notebook to the PC in
> > > case the 2 files on the PC were corrupted but no difference.
> > >
> > > Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Norm.

Sorry about the posting here by me

--

In news:BD8527E8-A33E-4BB0-992A-55005CC52026@microsoft.com,
Camille <Camille@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> You might need to change a few things on your bios

I know nothing about the specific program Metastock, and can't
help him with his problem, but clearly this has nothing to do
with his BIOS.

Please reply to the newsgroup

In news:DE1A72B6-A716-4212-9484-1889EC1D833D@microsoft.com,
Camille <Camille@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I believe the the 32 (32 bit) and 16 (16 bit), have you tried
> coverting your system to ntfs?

Another suggestion that has nothing to do with the problem? What
file system is on the drive is irrelevant. Application programs
are unaware of file systems and work the same way regardless of
what file system is used.