My Music Folder has gone crazy

June 22, 2005 12:49:03 AM

My Music Folder has lost its mind. The other day most files(not all)
disappeared from the folder with no trace. I ran a search for files but could
not find. Now the funny part is all my music files are still in WMP iTUNES
and RA. When i nright click on any file in my library of WMP it show the file
location still being that of My Music Folder. Also I went to try to
re-download files to My Music Folder but it tells me that, the file already
exists in this folder do you want to replace it. There are still 14 files in
that folder that di not disappear. Dont know what to do next. DOnt know if
this is a windows issue or some spyware, trojan, or worm. Also have not been
able to download SP2 updates only D/Ls 2 of the 8. Any info or advice
appreciated.

Thanks

More about : music folder crazy

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:57:01 AM

go to start, search, click music and video files and search * choose the
onces you want and put them in a folder that is easily accessible.

"wonders" wrote:

> My Music Folder has lost its mind. The other day most files(not all)
> disappeared from the folder with no trace. I ran a search for files but could
> not find. Now the funny part is all my music files are still in WMP iTUNES
> and RA. When i nright click on any file in my library of WMP it show the file
> location still being that of My Music Folder. Also I went to try to
> re-download files to My Music Folder but it tells me that, the file already
> exists in this folder do you want to replace it. There are still 14 files in
> that folder that di not disappear. Dont know what to do next. DOnt know if
> this is a windows issue or some spyware, trojan, or worm. Also have not been
> able to download SP2 updates only D/Ls 2 of the 8. Any info or advice
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 5:28:24 AM

Geez. You really know your stuff

--
Peter

"Camille" <Camille@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1512966F-58A6-4724-BB2E-3CD899951ACD@microsoft.com...
> go to start, search, click music and video files and search * choose the
> onces you want and put them in a folder that is easily accessible.
>
> "wonders" wrote:
>
> > My Music Folder has lost its mind. The other day most files(not all)
> > disappeared from the folder with no trace. I ran a search for files but could
> > not find. Now the funny part is all my music files are still in WMP iTUNES
> > and RA. When i nright click on any file in my library of WMP it show the file
> > location still being that of My Music Folder. Also I went to try to
> > re-download files to My Music Folder but it tells me that, the file already
> > exists in this folder do you want to replace it. There are still 14 files in
> > that folder that di not disappear. Dont know what to do next. DOnt know if
> > this is a windows issue or some spyware, trojan, or worm. Also have not been
> > able to download SP2 updates only D/Ls 2 of the 8. Any info or advice
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
June 22, 2005 5:31:21 AM

Wonders

RA could be the culprit. Seem to remeber that it tends to take over the music files. Are they by any chance residing in the RA vault or save option

--
Peter

"wonders" <wonders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21C979A5-251D-44AD-B2B2-FD58517E3F0E@microsoft.com...
> My Music Folder has lost its mind. The other day most files(not all)
> disappeared from the folder with no trace. I ran a search for files but could
> not find. Now the funny part is all my music files are still in WMP iTUNES
> and RA. When i nright click on any file in my library of WMP it show the file
> location still being that of My Music Folder. Also I went to try to
> re-download files to My Music Folder but it tells me that, the file already
> exists in this folder do you want to replace it. There are still 14 files in
> that folder that di not disappear. Dont know what to do next. DOnt know if
> this is a windows issue or some spyware, trojan, or worm. Also have not been
> able to download SP2 updates only D/Ls 2 of the 8. Any info or advice
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 7:56:01 AM

obviously you have much more time on your hands, the person couldnt find
music files.........be my guest, I have work all day and school all night, be
my guest..............

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Geez. You really know your stuff
>
> --
> Peter

> "Camille" <Camille@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1512966F-58A6-4724-BB2E-3CD899951ACD@microsoft.com...
> > go to start, search, click music and video files and search * choose the
> > onces you want and put them in a folder that is easily accessible.
> >
> > "wonders" wrote:
> >
> > > My Music Folder has lost its mind. The other day most files(not all)
> > > disappeared from the folder with no trace. I ran a search for files but could
> > > not find. Now the funny part is all my music files are still in WMP iTUNES
> > > and RA. When i nright click on any file in my library of WMP it show the file
> > > location still being that of My Music Folder. Also I went to try to
> > > re-download files to My Music Folder but it tells me that, the file already
> > > exists in this folder do you want to replace it. There are still 14 files in
> > > that folder that di not disappear. Dont know what to do next. DOnt know if
> > > this is a windows issue or some spyware, trojan, or worm. Also have not been
> > > able to download SP2 updates only D/Ls 2 of the 8. Any info or advice
> > > appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 10:15:03 AM

I wish I could say they were in RA but they weren't. Its got me confused.
Some how My Music Folder has been corrupted. WMP will not even let me delte
files from it now.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Wonders
>
> RA could be the culprit. Seem to remeber that it tends to take over the music files. Are they by any chance residing in the RA vault or save option
>
> --
> Peter

> "wonders" <wonders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21C979A5-251D-44AD-B2B2-FD58517E3F0E@microsoft.com...
> > My Music Folder has lost its mind. The other day most files(not all)
> > disappeared from the folder with no trace. I ran a search for files but could
> > not find. Now the funny part is all my music files are still in WMP iTUNES
> > and RA. When i nright click on any file in my library of WMP it show the file
> > location still being that of My Music Folder. Also I went to try to
> > re-download files to My Music Folder but it tells me that, the file already
> > exists in this folder do you want to replace it. There are still 14 files in
> > that folder that di not disappear. Dont know what to do next. DOnt know if
> > this is a windows issue or some spyware, trojan, or worm. Also have not been
> > able to download SP2 updates only D/Ls 2 of the 8. Any info or advice
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:18:32 PM