converting quicktime files... plz help!

hi, i have recently bought a kodak easy share camera. Whenever I upload my
videos from the camera, they are saved to my computer as a quicktime file. I
want to put the files in Windows Movie Maker, but whenever i try to import
the file, it says it is not a supported file type. So I think i have to
convert the file to a Windows Movie file, but i don't know how... plz help!
thanks a lot!
-Chris

try deleting the quicktime viewer from the add/remove program files, you
probably made quicktime the default viewer. your software for your camera
might include a preferenced viewer.........try looking in your options or
preferences for the viewer to make it the default viewer.

"Chris8970" wrote:

> hi, i have recently bought a kodak easy share camera. Whenever I upload my
> videos from the camera, they are saved to my computer as a quicktime file. I
> want to put the files in Windows Movie Maker, but whenever i try to import
> the file, it says it is not a supported file type. So I think i have to
> convert the file to a Windows Movie file, but i don't know how... plz help!
> thanks a lot!
> -Chris

Camille, this will not help the customer as this camera support only .mov
video files which is best supported by QuickTime.

Chris, all you need to look for is a .mov to .avi converter like this one (
you can find the instructions to convert too ):

http://www.riverpast.com/en/support/tutorials/convert/mov/avi.php

Once converted to avi or mpg you can import it into Movie Maker.

--
JonyBrv

"Camille" wrote:

> try deleting the quicktime viewer from the add/remove program files, you
> probably made quicktime the default viewer. your software for your camera
> might include a preferenced viewer.........try looking in your options or
> preferences for the viewer to make it the default viewer.
>
> "Chris8970" wrote:
>
> > hi, i have recently bought a kodak easy share camera. Whenever I upload my
> > videos from the camera, they are saved to my computer as a quicktime file. I
> > want to put the files in Windows Movie Maker, but whenever i try to import
> > the file, it says it is not a supported file type. So I think i have to
> > convert the file to a Windows Movie file, but i don't know how... plz help!
> > thanks a lot!
> > -Chris

Change the file association to Windows Movie Maker

--
Peter

"Chris8970" <Chris8970@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFC5C336-95A2-43BE-8EEA-BDCDA9DBB4DC@microsoft.com...
> hi, i have recently bought a kodak easy share camera. Whenever I upload my
> videos from the camera, they are saved to my computer as a quicktime file. I
> want to put the files in Windows Movie Maker, but whenever i try to import
> the file, it says it is not a supported file type. So I think i have to
> convert the file to a Windows Movie file, but i don't know how... plz help!
> thanks a lot!
> -Chris

Sorry for the posting in this thread by me

--
Peter

"Chris8970" <Chris8970@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFC5C336-95A2-43BE-8EEA-BDCDA9DBB4DC@microsoft.com...
> hi, i have recently bought a kodak easy share camera. Whenever I upload my
> videos from the camera, they are saved to my computer as a quicktime file. I
> want to put the files in Windows Movie Maker, but whenever i try to import
> the file, it says it is not a supported file type. So I think i have to
> convert the file to a Windows Movie file, but i don't know how... plz help!
> thanks a lot!
> -Chris

"Chris8970" <Chris8970@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, i have recently bought a kodak easy share camera. Whenever I upload my
> videos from the camera, they are saved to my computer as a quicktime file.
> want to put the files in Windows Movie Maker, but whenever i try to import
> the file, it says it is not a supported file type. So I think i have to
> convert the file to a Windows Movie file, but i don't know how... plz
> help!
> thanks a lot!
> -Chris

Quick Time is available in free and pay versions. The pay version has more
features than the free version. The free version is mainly a viewer similar
to Adobe Reader that is mainly a viewer. Suggest you check with Apple to
see if the pay version has the other format save feature that you want. Go
to: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

Don