converting quicktime files... plz help!

hi, i have recently bought a kodak easy share camera. Whenever I upload my
videos from the camera, they are saved to my computer as a quicktime file. I
want to put the files in Windows Movie Maker, but whenever i try to import
the file, it says it is not a supported file type. So I think i have to
convert the file to a Windows Movie file, but i don't know how... plz help!
thanks a lot!
-Chris
5 answers Last reply
More about converting quicktime files help

    try deleting the quicktime viewer from the add/remove program files, you
    probably made quicktime the default viewer. your software for your camera
    might include a preferenced viewer.........try looking in your options or
    preferences for the viewer to make it the default viewer.

    "Chris8970" wrote:

    > hi, i have recently bought a kodak easy share camera. Whenever I upload my
    > videos from the camera, they are saved to my computer as a quicktime file. I
    > want to put the files in Windows Movie Maker, but whenever i try to import
    > the file, it says it is not a supported file type. So I think i have to
    > convert the file to a Windows Movie file, but i don't know how... plz help!
    > thanks a lot!
    > -Chris

    Camille, this will not help the customer as this camera support only .mov
    video files which is best supported by QuickTime.

    Chris, all you need to look for is a .mov to .avi converter like this one (
    you can find the instructions to convert too ):

    http://www.riverpast.com/en/support/tutorials/convert/mov/avi.php

    Once converted to avi or mpg you can import it into Movie Maker.

    --
    JonyBrv

    "Camille" wrote:

    > try deleting the quicktime viewer from the add/remove program files, you
    > probably made quicktime the default viewer. your software for your camera
    > might include a preferenced viewer.........try looking in your options or
    > preferences for the viewer to make it the default viewer.
    >
    > "Chris8970" wrote:
    >
    > > hi, i have recently bought a kodak easy share camera. Whenever I upload my
    > > videos from the camera, they are saved to my computer as a quicktime file. I
    > > want to put the files in Windows Movie Maker, but whenever i try to import
    > > the file, it says it is not a supported file type. So I think i have to
    > > convert the file to a Windows Movie file, but i don't know how... plz help!
    > > thanks a lot!
    > > -Chris

    Change the file association to Windows Movie Maker

    --
    Peter

    "Chris8970" <Chris8970@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFC5C336-95A2-43BE-8EEA-BDCDA9DBB4DC@microsoft.com...
    > hi, i have recently bought a kodak easy share camera. Whenever I upload my
    > videos from the camera, they are saved to my computer as a quicktime file. I
    > want to put the files in Windows Movie Maker, but whenever i try to import
    > the file, it says it is not a supported file type. So I think i have to
    > convert the file to a Windows Movie file, but i don't know how... plz help!
    > thanks a lot!
    > -Chris

    Sorry for the posting in this thread by me

    --
    Peter

    "Chris8970" <Chris8970@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFC5C336-95A2-43BE-8EEA-BDCDA9DBB4DC@microsoft.com...
    > hi, i have recently bought a kodak easy share camera. Whenever I upload my
    > videos from the camera, they are saved to my computer as a quicktime file. I
    > want to put the files in Windows Movie Maker, but whenever i try to import
    > the file, it says it is not a supported file type. So I think i have to
    > convert the file to a Windows Movie file, but i don't know how... plz help!
    > thanks a lot!
    > -Chris

    "Chris8970" <Chris8970@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi, i have recently bought a kodak easy share camera. Whenever I upload my
    > videos from the camera, they are saved to my computer as a quicktime file.
    > want to put the files in Windows Movie Maker, but whenever i try to import
    > the file, it says it is not a supported file type. So I think i have to
    > convert the file to a Windows Movie file, but i don't know how... plz
    > help!
    > thanks a lot!
    > -Chris

    Quick Time is available in free and pay versions. The pay version has more
    features than the free version. The free version is mainly a viewer similar
    to Adobe Reader that is mainly a viewer. Suggest you check with Apple to
    see if the pay version has the other format save feature that you want. Go
    to: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

    Don

Quicktime Windows XP