Dual Core and Win XP Pro

June 22, 2005 2:36:01 AM

Ok, My AMD 4400+ X2 has shipped. My Bios has been patched to support the new
chip.

My question is, can I just swap out the CPU chip without having to
re-install windows? The only hardware changing is the CPU itself.

More about : dual core win pro

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 5:35:52 AM

jbalcius wrote:
> Ok, My AMD 4400+ X2 has shipped. My Bios has been patched to support
> the new chip.
>
> My question is, can I just swap out the CPU chip without having to
> re-install windows? The only hardware changing is the CPU itself.

Normally - yes.
May need to perform a repair install - but may not.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP