Dual Core and Win XP Pro

Ok, My AMD 4400+ X2 has shipped. My Bios has been patched to support the new
chip.

My question is, can I just swap out the CPU chip without having to
re-install windows? The only hardware changing is the CPU itself.
1 answer Last reply
More about dual core

    jbalcius wrote:
    > Ok, My AMD 4400+ X2 has shipped. My Bios has been patched to support
    > the new chip.
    >
    > My question is, can I just swap out the CPU chip without having to
    > re-install windows? The only hardware changing is the CPU itself.

    Normally - yes.
    May need to perform a repair install - but may not.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

Windows XP