Standard gunboat game looking for players

Hi all,

I've created a standard gunboat game with partial press using the game
queue system on the NZMB judge. Unfortunately, some of the players who had
originally applied never bothered to respond to my welcome message and
we're still three players short.

If you'd like to help us out, you can sign up for this game so we can get
going soon. Dedication is set at -10.

Please see http://www.diplom.org/openings/openings.html for game rr040621
on the NZMB judge.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Remco

Why don't you just get more players from the queue? There is an option for
that: '(as a GM of a created game) get more players to fill'.

Mark

"Remco Rijnders" <remco@webconquest.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've created a standard gunboat game with partial press using the game
> queue system on the NZMB judge. Unfortunately, some of the players who had
> originally applied never bothered to respond to my welcome message and
> we're still three players short.
>
> If you'd like to help us out, you can sign up for this game so we can get
> going soon. Dedication is set at -10.
>
> Please see http://www.diplom.org/openings/openings.html for game rr040621
> on the NZMB judge.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Remco

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:40:52 +0200, Mark Fek
<fek@removethis.indigo2.hszk.bme.hu> wrote:

> Why don't you just get more players from the queue? There is an option
> for
> that: '(as a GM of a created game) get more players to fill'.

I would, but the relevant queue was empty yesterday.

Kind regards,

Remco

I think it is a good idea to start a new game only if there are more than
seven players in the queue. In case of newbie games, I would not start a
game with less that 14 persons in the queue. Experienced players are better,
but we are in the middle of holiday season. I give 48 hours to the players
sign on (weekend included/not according to the game settings), and get
additional players from the queue after 48 hours, if necessary.

Regards,