problems with age of mythology

my question is I get this error message about my video card.

Video Card 0 doesn't have device id or vendor id, and <3dlabs windows 2000
dualview driver> isn't in <3dldd.dll> section <0x10de> isn't in look-up file

now I now its not on the list but it totally beats everything on the list in
terms of proformance. Is there a work around to this problem. Any help out
be good. Thanks

Hi Dane,

Which make and model video card do you have?
Is it on this list of unsupported video cards:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331403

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Dane McCray" <Dane McCray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75DAA29A-B9B8-428E-9992-32585107E494@microsoft.com...
> my question is I get this error message about my video card.
>
> Video Card 0 doesn't have device id or vendor id, and <3dlabs windows 2000
> dualview driver> isn't in <3dldd.dll> section <0x10de> isn't in look-up file
>
> now I now its not on the list but it totally beats everything on the list in
> terms of proformance. Is there a work around to this problem. Any help out
> be good. Thanks

ya its not on the list but the card is a 3d labs wildcat VP 870 which is a
really highend card for graphics. I mean is the game that anal when it comes
to the "correct video card"
stuff. Any help to get around this problem besides buy a new video card
would be helpful.

-Dane

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Dane,
>
> Which make and model video card do you have?
> Is it on this list of unsupported video cards:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331403
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "Dane McCray" <Dane McCray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75DAA29A-B9B8-428E-9992-32585107E494@microsoft.com...
> > my question is I get this error message about my video card.
> >
> > Video Card 0 doesn't have device id or vendor id, and <3dlabs windows 2000
> > dualview driver> isn't in <3dldd.dll> section <0x10de> isn't in look-up file
> >
> > now I now its not on the list but it totally beats everything on the list in
> > terms of proformance. Is there a work around to this problem. Any help out
> > be good. Thanks

Hi Dane,

Thanks for posting the card type... I've got GREAT News! :)
If you are running Age of Mythology on a Wildcat VP card,
you will need to download this zip file:
http://www.3dlabs.com/support/troubleshooting/files/mythology.zip
and extract it to the following folder where the game is located -
"..\Age Of Mythology\gfxconfig" in order to get things working properly.
Source: http://www.3dlabs.com/support/troubleshooting/ap-21.htm

I bet you're smiling.. let's hope that it works.

--

"Dane McCray" <DaneMcCray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB81CD00-A531-4B28-AC98-406E1D0971AE@microsoft.com...
> ya its not on the list but the card is a 3d labs wildcat VP 870 which is a
> really highend card for graphics. I mean is the game that anal when it comes
> to the "correct video card"
> stuff. Any help to get around this problem besides buy a new video card
> would be helpful.
>
> -Dane
>

> "Jimmy S." wrote:
>
>> Hi Dane,
>>
>> Which make and model video card do you have?
>> Is it on this list of unsupported video cards:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331403
>>
>> --
>> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>
>> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
>> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
>> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
>>
>> "Dane McCray" <Dane McCray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75DAA29A-B9B8-428E-9992-32585107E494@microsoft.com...
>> > my question is I get this error message about my video card.
>> >
>> > Video Card 0 doesn't have device id or vendor id, and <3dlabs windows 2000
>> > dualview driver> isn't in <3dldd.dll> section <0x10de> isn't in look-up file
>> >
>> > now I now its not on the list but it totally beats everything on the list in
>> > terms of proformance. Is there a work around to this problem. Any help out
>> > be good. Thanks

thanks I will let you know if it works. Which I hope it does but if it
doesn't you got any other ideas?

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Dane,
>
> Thanks for posting the card type... I've got GREAT News! :)
> If you are running Age of Mythology on a Wildcat VP card,
> you will need to download this zip file:
> http://www.3dlabs.com/support/troubleshooting/files/mythology.zip
> and extract it to the following folder where the game is located -
> "..\Age Of Mythology\gfxconfig" in order to get things working properly.
> Source: http://www.3dlabs.com/support/troubleshooting/ap-21.htm
>
> I bet you're smiling.. let's hope that it works.
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "Dane McCray" <DaneMcCray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB81CD00-A531-4B28-AC98-406E1D0971AE@microsoft.com...
> > ya its not on the list but the card is a 3d labs wildcat VP 870 which is a
> > really highend card for graphics. I mean is the game that anal when it comes
> > to the "correct video card"
> > stuff. Any help to get around this problem besides buy a new video card
> > would be helpful.
> >
> > -Dane
> >

> > "Jimmy S." wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Dane,
> >>
> >> Which make and model video card do you have?
> >> Is it on this list of unsupported video cards:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331403
> >>
> >> --
> >> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> >> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >>
> >> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> >> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
> >> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
> >> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
> >> _________________________________________________________

ok I just did the update with the new files but it now gives me this error
message

"Video Card 0 doesn't have device id or vendor id, and <3dldd.dll> isn't in
look-up file"

any idea of how to fix this next problem?

-Dane

"Dane McCray" wrote:

> thanks I will let you know if it works. Which I hope it does but if it
> doesn't you got any other ideas?
>
> "Jimmy S." wrote:
>
> > Hi Dane,
> >
> > Thanks for posting the card type... I've got GREAT News! :)
> > If you are running Age of Mythology on a Wildcat VP card,
> > you will need to download this zip file:
> > http://www.3dlabs.com/support/troubleshooting/files/mythology.zip
> > and extract it to the following folder where the game is located -
> > "..\Age Of Mythology\gfxconfig" in order to get things working properly.
> > Source: http://www.3dlabs.com/support/troubleshooting/ap-21.htm
> >
> > I bet you're smiling.. let's hope that it works.
> >
> > --
> > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >
> > Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
> > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
> > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
> >
> > "Dane McCray" <DaneMcCray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB81CD00-A531-4B28-AC98-406E1D0971AE@microsoft.com...
> > > ya its not on the list but the card is a 3d labs wildcat VP 870 which is a
> > > really highend card for graphics. I mean is the game that anal when it comes
> > > to the "correct video card"
> > > stuff. Any help to get around this problem besides buy a new video card
> > > would be helpful.
> > >
> > > -Dane

Hi Dane,

Perhaps you need to update the drivers for that card so that it's
enumerated properly (device id etc), however you might also
consider using the "Contact Support" link at 3D Labs site. :)

--

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote:
> Hi Dane,
> Perhaps you need to update the drivers for that card so that it's
> enumerated properly (device id etc), however you might also
> consider using the "Contact Support" link at 3D Labs site. :)
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance