why it restart by itself

June 22, 2005 6:36:02 AM

Using XP Home V2002 and upon boot up, it seems to takes a while for the
desktop to appear after I click on the username.. So now in msconfig, we the
following check

At selective startip-startup tag
winCtlAd, msa, iexpl0res, mpsvc,msa,, iexplOres, mpsvc, svchost - are all
checked
(on my system tray- have the foll icons-volume, and a reminder for me to
burn something that I have not burn.

Uncheck are: AcerGoto, ccApp, ccRegvfy, fanov, hpztsb.04, ICQlite, servicz,
msoffice2, mpsv, msnmgr, svchost, soundman,UsrPrmpt, Sygate, Ingdnfmn, mdtr,
WinCtAd, msa, crsss, ypager,scchost, Device Detector2, Magic Keyboard

Disable the sytem restore and run NAV scan (updated) and no virus found. For
some reason now, the pc will reboot itself when its at desktop (not even
going to internet). It still taking a while to get to desktop.

Any idea whats happening to my pc, thanks

More about : restart

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:54:02 PM

Hi

If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
BSOD?

Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there may
refer to the problem.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User