NJudge Help

Can someone help me through the installation of the NJudge using Red Hat 9?
I'd like to try and get a server running, so I can try some stuff and
perhaps use it for 'real' games.

Marc
3 answers Last reply
More about njudge help
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    "Marc Wayne Dunn" <mystul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone help me through the installation of the NJudge using Red Hat
    9?
    > I'd like to try and get a server running, so I can try some stuff and
    > perhaps use it for 'real' games.

    I installed it on Red Hat 8 just by following the HOWTO instructions in the
    docs/ subdirectory.
    http://www.njudge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/njudge/docs/InstallationHOWTO.html?rev=1.10
    Maybe if you identify where you are having a problem, someone could offer
    more specific advice.

    --
    I don't actually read my hotmail account, but you can replace hotmail with
    excite if you really want to reach me.

    In article <2o3tm5F69tvcU1@uni-berlin.de>, Russell Blau wrote:

    > I installed it on Red Hat 8 just by following the HOWTO instructions in the
    > docs/ subdirectory.
    > http://www.njudge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/njudge/docs/InstallationHOWTO.html?rev=1.10
    > Maybe if you identify where you are having a problem, someone could offer
    > more specific advice.

    Yes -- the Njudge software will install on just about any Unix like OS you
    care to mention (Mac OS X may require tweaking). Just make sure you're
    using the latest version and all should be well. I've personally installed
    it on a variety of Linuxes and a FreeBSD system (the latter had a few
    minor problems that I've got to remember to find solutions for...).

    -Tim Miller
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    Will try again - I'm just not the UNIX guru I was hoping I was. I'll let
    you know my specific problems.

    Marc

    "Tim Miller" <tmiller@otaku.freeshell.org> wrote in message
    > In article <2o3tm5F69tvcU1@uni-berlin.de>, Russell Blau wrote:
    >
    > > I installed it on Red Hat 8 just by following the HOWTO instructions in
    the
    > > docs/ subdirectory.

    http://www.njudge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/njudge/docs/InstallationHOWTO.html?rev=1.10
    > > Maybe if you identify where you are having a problem, someone could
    offer
    > > more specific advice.
    >
    > Yes -- the Njudge software will install on just about any Unix like OS you
    > care to mention (Mac OS X may require tweaking). Just make sure you're
    > using the latest version and all should be well. I've personally installed
    > it on a variety of Linuxes and a FreeBSD system (the latter had a few
    > minor problems that I've got to remember to find solutions for...).
    >
    > -Tim Miller

Games Servers Video Games