NJudge Help

Can someone help me through the installation of the NJudge using Red Hat 9?
I'd like to try and get a server running, so I can try some stuff and
perhaps use it for 'real' games.

Marc

"Marc Wayne Dunn" <mystul@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone help me through the installation of the NJudge using Red Hat
9?
> I'd like to try and get a server running, so I can try some stuff and
> perhaps use it for 'real' games.

I installed it on Red Hat 8 just by following the HOWTO instructions in the
docs/ subdirectory.
http://www.njudge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/njudge/docs/InstallationHOWTO.html?rev=1.10
Maybe if you identify where you are having a problem, someone could offer
more specific advice.

--
I don't actually read my hotmail account, but you can replace hotmail with
excite if you really want to reach me.

In article <2o3tm5F69tvcU1@uni-berlin.de>, Russell Blau wrote:

> I installed it on Red Hat 8 just by following the HOWTO instructions in the
> docs/ subdirectory.
> http://www.njudge.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/njudge/docs/InstallationHOWTO.html?rev=1.10
> Maybe if you identify where you are having a problem, someone could offer
> more specific advice.

Yes -- the Njudge software will install on just about any Unix like OS you
care to mention (Mac OS X may require tweaking). Just make sure you're
using the latest version and all should be well. I've personally installed
it on a variety of Linuxes and a FreeBSD system (the latter had a few
minor problems that I've got to remember to find solutions for...).

-Tim Miller

Will try again - I'm just not the UNIX guru I was hoping I was. I'll let
you know my specific problems.

Marc