Toshiba Qosmio F55-Q502

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kommissar

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Hello, I am very very interested in this laptop to use at school for doing everything I would need my desktop for, except portable. Spec wise it seems like it could play all the games I am interested in that are coming out this fall (Stalker, Spore, Mercs 2, Fallout 3, Far Cry 2) and it comes with a webcam, tv tuner, and gps so that is always good. Anyway I am looking for a 15 inch laptop around 1400 that can offer what the Qosmio F55 can, or if anyone has any first hand experience with one I would love to hear what you have to say. I'm going to bring my desktop up to school so I can still game, but I am in an on campus apartment with 3 people sharing a room, so if someones sleeping then I can just use my laptop in the other room for example.

BTW here are the official specs for the one I am looking at

* 15.4-inch (diagonal) WXGA plus TruBright TFT Widescreen LCD Display, 1440 x 900 resolution
* 2.00 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P7350 with 3MB L2 Cache
* 3072MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz SDRAM memory, 320GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA), NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GTS, 512MB GDDR3 discrete graphics memory, plus up to 1279MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory using NVIDIA TurboCache technology
* DVD SuperMulti (+/- double layer) drive with Labelflash supporting 11 formats, Intel Wi-Fi Link 5100AGN (802.11a/g/n)
* Windows Vista Home Premium, dims in inches: 14.5¿ x 10.9¿ x 1.5¿/ 1.9¿, Starting at 6.37 lbs.

I know the processor could be faster, but the video card should make up for it I guess.

One more thing, I went to Frys and the guy told me that Toshiba doesn't make this laptop anymore :heink:

I know I can find a new one online somewhere so I am not worried about that, but I can't find any reasoning on why they arn't made anymore. Is it because they didn't sell well or they had a problem? Or is there a new better model coming out?

funnigal

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
Hi there, I have this Qosmio F55-Q502, and I wanna sell it. I do not really like it since it s TOO heavy for me, and I do not use it to play games. It is still on the one-year warranty. Its usually frozen for no reason. I think I need restore it or something! If ur still interested in buying it! Feel free to contact me! Its pretty new as I bought it in Sept. and did not use it often!

Status
Not open for further replies.