I was wondering what would happen in this case:

Italy has a unit in a province.

The Italian province is attacked by a 2 strength force from Austria and also
a 2 strength force from France, causing a standoff between those forces.

What happens to the Italian unit. Does it remain standing or is it
dislodged?

"Sten Ole Børretzen" <stenole@stord.online.no> wrote in message

> Italy has a unit in a province.
>
> The Italian province is attacked by a 2 strength force from Austria and
also
> a 2 strength force from France, causing a standoff between those forces.
>
> What happens to the Italian unit. Does it remain standing or is it
> dislodged?

The Italian unit stays where it is and is not dislodged. This is called a
beleaguered garrison.

Derek

> Thanks for the quick response :)

Here on r.g.d. we aim to please.

Derek

rs

In actuality, we aim to lie, cheat and steal, but on a slow day, we settle
for please.

You might also mention that while the unit remains in place, it does suffer
the dazed and confused effect for a season while it moans to all its
neighbors and wonders where the love is.