Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Roaming Profile - synch problem

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 22, 2005 9:11:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi

We have a problem where, when you delete a shortcut that a user has created,
this does not get synch'ed to the profile on the network.

That is, after you delete this shortcut, then logoff and log back on, the
shortcut comes back. Its not automatically being removed from the profile on
the network location. Any ideas?

Thanks

Kory
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 2:18:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You need to set up your network to save your users settings (in this case
the desktop)

I know that you can write a batch file to copy this to your server

If you need help with the profile, plz reply or add me to MSN

--
------------------------------------------------------------
Jayso

Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)

"Kory" <Kory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6C85094B-D639-4D15-A49A-EEE634E7E0AE@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> We have a problem where, when you delete a shortcut that a user has
> created,
> this does not get synch'ed to the profile on the network.
>
> That is, after you delete this shortcut, then logoff and log back on, the
> shortcut comes back. Its not automatically being removed from the profile
> on
> the network location. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kory
June 23, 2005 2:18:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi

Sorry for not making it clear before. Most of the time, the synch works ok.
That is, the changes made on the local profile gets replicated back to the
server profile. However, sometimes i have seen problems where the changes
made to local profile does not get reflected to the server profile when
logging off.

Thanks

Kory

"Jayso" wrote:

> You need to set up your network to save your users settings (in this case
> the desktop)
>
> I know that you can write a batch file to copy this to your server
>
> If you need help with the profile, plz reply or add me to MSN
>
> --
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> Jayso
>
> Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
> Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
> jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)
>
> "Kory" <Kory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:6C85094B-D639-4D15-A49A-EEE634E7E0AE@microsoft.com...
> > Hi
> >
> > We have a problem where, when you delete a shortcut that a user has
> > created,
> > this does not get synch'ed to the profile on the network.
> >
> > That is, after you delete this shortcut, then logoff and log back on, the
> > shortcut comes back. Its not automatically being removed from the profile
> > on
> > the network location. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Kory
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 2:18:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

There's one other reason i can think of this occuring:

You might be logged onto another computer as the same user. So if you delete
a shortcut it will get deleted and synched, but when you log of the other
computer it will resend the old shortcuts (unless you change those shortcuts
as well)

--
Jayso

"Kory" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Sorry for not making it clear before. Most of the time, the synch works ok.
> That is, the changes made on the local profile gets replicated back to the
> server profile. However, sometimes i have seen problems where the changes
> made to local profile does not get reflected to the server profile when
> logging off.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kory
>
> "Jayso" wrote:
>
> > You need to set up your network to save your users settings (in this case
> > the desktop)
> >
> > I know that you can write a batch file to copy this to your server
> >
> > If you need help with the profile, plz reply or add me to MSN
> >
> > --
> > ------------------------------------------------------------
> > Jayso
> >
> > Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
> > Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
> > jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)
> >
> > "Kory" <Kory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:6C85094B-D639-4D15-A49A-EEE634E7E0AE@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > We have a problem where, when you delete a shortcut that a user has
> > > created,
> > > this does not get synch'ed to the profile on the network.
> > >
> > > That is, after you delete this shortcut, then logoff and log back on, the
> > > shortcut comes back. Its not automatically being removed from the profile
> > > on
> > > the network location. Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Kory
> >
> >
> >
!