Can't uninstall HELP!!!!!

I have installed the SIMS onto my PC I uninstalled them a while a go but then
decided I wanted hem back on my PC

My problem is that when i go to reinstall them it shows an error message
saying the sims already installed but i dont know were it is installed to as
I thought I had removed it

Hope that makes sense Thanks

Hi,

"asqe28@dsl.pipex.com" <asqe28dslpipexcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have installed the SIMS onto my PC I uninstalled them a while a go but then
> decided I wanted hem back on my PC
>
> My problem is that when i go to reinstall them it shows an error message
> saying the sims already installed but i dont know were it is installed to as
> I thought I had removed it
>
> Hope that makes sense Thanks

Here's how to uninstall a game when using Add-Remove programs fails:

Step A: Start your computer in Safe Mode by holding down the F8 key.

Step B: Reinstall the game to the same folder it was installed to originally,
and then try to uninstall it again using Add-Remove programs. If
that fails, delete it's folder and any save games in My Documents.

Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
game, delete them: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com