Backup program for XP

I am looking for a recommendation of a Backup program: It should:

1. Incrementally backup and APPEND to a SINGLE backup file (tape or CD -
not necessary)
2. Allow shadow copies for OUTLOOK.PST etc
3. Do good compression

Many programs don't allow incremental backups to an appended file anymore -
any reason why this has dropped out of favour?
1 answer Last reply
More about backup program

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:21:44 GMT, "jm7"
    <not_real_address@ht.com> wrote:

    |I am looking for a recommendation of a Backup program: It should:
    |
    |1. Incrementally backup and APPEND to a SINGLE backup file (tape or CD -
    |not necessary)
    |2. Allow shadow copies for OUTLOOK.PST etc
    |3. Do good compression
    |
    |Many programs don't allow incremental backups to an appended file anymore -
    |any reason why this has dropped out of favour?

    See Ultimate Backups for Peanuts @
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/970a86e9b842483/ca121d4a74982f77?q=(usb)+group:microsoft.public.windowsxp.general+author:ljl269&rnum=7&hl=en#ca121d4a74982f77
    for an alternative to ur 'horse & buggy' approach.

    HTH-Larry
    Any advise is my attempt to contribute more than I have received but I can only assure you that it works on my PC. GOOD LUCK.

Backup Microsoft Windows XP