Cannot activate windows

i connect to the internet using a proxy ... that is what i am doing now ...
but i cannot activate windows using this connection ... it says no
connection available ... what can i do ? is their any other way to activate
.... ???
10 answers Last reply
More about cannot activate windows

    http://www.microscum.com/mmpafaq/phonewpa.html

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    You can activate Windows XP over the telephone, you can simply call a
    toll-free* number displayed on your screen. A customer service
    representative will ask for the installation ID number displayed on the same
    screen, enter that number into a secure database, and return a confirmation
    ID to you. Once you have typed the confirmation ID, the activation process
    is complete.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    "Alpha" <Alpha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i connect to the internet using a proxy ... that is what i am doing now ...
    > but i cannot activate windows using this connection ... it says no
    > connection available ... what can i do ? is their any other way to
    > activate
    > ... ???

    I'm having the same problem. I can't call customer service, because it don't
    give me all the activation id #. Anyone one with any ideas.

    "Alpha" wrote:

    > i connect to the internet using a proxy ... that is what i am doing now ...
    > but i cannot activate windows using this connection ... it says no
    > connection available ... what can i do ? is their any other way to activate
    > ... ???

    Use the phone option that it gives you. It is painless.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Kelly wrote:
    > Use the phone option that it gives you. It is painless.

    Actually, it can be quite aggravating, if the voice recognition doesn't
    hear you right and you have to punch in the numbers on a phone keypad.
    And if activation fails, having to repeat the number again to a phone
    rep.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    Hi Kurt,

    On the many dial-up systems that come in here I am forced to use the phone
    for activation after a format and/or repair install (*installing a nic would
    be so much easier). I have only had to do the repeat ONCE. If not, I don't
    think I would still be attempting it. :o) However, it could be that
    southern tones ring the right bell? <w>

    *For some odd reason, many folks (99% men) don't want the cosmetics of the
    back of the tower altered by adding a NIC card to gain access to cable
    temporarily here. On the same token, in a few rare occasions the seal has
    never been broken. In those cases, I won't even ask.

    That said, wonder if they noticed that none of my systems here in the shop
    have sides? :o)

    --

    Kelly wrote:
    > Hi Kurt,
    >
    > On the many dial-up systems that come in here I am forced to use the
    > phone for activation after a format and/or repair install
    > (*installing a nic would be so much easier). I have only had to do
    > the repeat ONCE. If not, I don't think I would still be attempting
    > it. :o)

    People that change around their hardware a lot have had to do the repeat
    a few times. And then they find themselves a copy of Corp XP.

    > However, it could be that southern tones ring the right
    > bell? <w>

    How do you get you phoned to ring with a drawl?

    > *For some odd reason, many folks (99% men) don't want the cosmetics
    > of the back of the tower altered by adding a NIC card to gain access
    > to cable temporarily here. On the same token, in a few rare
    > occasions the seal has never been broken. In those cases, I won't
    > even ask.

    I bet if it was a man asking at least 50% of those men would say yes.

    > That said, wonder if they noticed that none of my systems here in the
    > shop have sides? :o)

    LOL!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    1. Corporate Key on OEM systems?
    2. Bell South. <eg>
    3. Oh???
    4. Yeah buddy.....is a way of life. For years, when my children were
    younger they thought Safe Mode was a screen saver. <w>

    --

    Kelly wrote:
    > 1. Corporate Key on OEM systems?

    Yeah. I've turned a Dell XP install CD into a VL one.

    > 2. Bell South. <eg>

    Me Too.

    > 3. Oh???

    Nothing against you, it's just a male thing.

    > 4. Yeah buddy.....is a way of life. For years, when my children were
    > younger they thought Safe Mode was a screen saver. <w>

    When I was a kid, a mouse was a bloody furry dead thing I wrapped up in
    a gift box and gave to my friend's mother for her birthday.

    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    > message news:ek$Dhe5hFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    >> Kelly wrote:
    >>> Hi Kurt,
    >>>
    >>> On the many dial-up systems that come in here I am forced to use the
    >>> phone for activation after a format and/or repair install
    >>> (*installing a nic would be so much easier). I have only had to do
    >>> the repeat ONCE. If not, I don't think I would still be attempting
    >>> it. :o)
    >>
    >> People that change around their hardware a lot have had to do the
    >> repeat a few times. And then they find themselves a copy of Corp XP.
    >>
    >>> However, it could be that southern tones ring the right
    >>> bell? <w>
    >>
    >> How do you get you phoned to ring with a drawl?
    >>

    >>> *For some odd reason, many folks (99% men) don't want the cosmetics
    >>> of the back of the tower altered by adding a NIC card to gain access
    >>> to cable temporarily here. On the same token, in a few rare
    >>> occasions the seal has never been broken. In those cases, I won't
    >>> even ask.
    >>
    >> I bet if it was a man asking at least 50% of those men would say yes.
    >>

    >>> That said, wonder if they noticed that none of my systems here in
    >>> the shop have sides? :o)
    >>
    >> LOL!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peace!
    >> Kurt
    >> Self-anointed Moderator
    >> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    >> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    >> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    >> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    I hear you! As for the mouse, remember the transformation? I had to play
    Solitaire to get accustomed and I wasn't even old. Now at least folks can
    play FreeCell.

    --

    > Kelly wrote:
    >> 1. Corporate Key on OEM systems?
    >
    > Yeah. I've turned a Dell XP install CD into a VL one.
    >
    >> 2. Bell South. <eg>
    >
    > Me Too.
    >
    >> 3. Oh???
    >
    > Nothing against you, it's just a male thing.
    >
    >> 4. Yeah buddy.....is a way of life. For years, when my children were
    >> younger they thought Safe Mode was a screen saver. <w>
    >
    > When I was a kid, a mouse was a bloody furry dead thing I wrapped up in a
    > gift box and gave to my friend's mother for her birthday.
    >

    >> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    >> message news:ek$Dhe5hFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

    >>> People that change around their hardware a lot have had to do the
    >>> repeat a few times. And then they find themselves a copy of Corp XP.

    >>> How do you get you phoned to ring with a drawl?

    >>> I bet if it was a man asking at least 50% of those men would say yes.

    >>> LOL!
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Peace!
    >>> Kurt
    >>> Self-anointed Moderator
    >>> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    >>> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    >>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    >>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
    >

    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Connection Microsoft Internet Windows XP