24-hour broadcast only game for newbies

A couple of months I answered a request for a fast-paced newbie game, by
GM:ing a 24-hour broadcast only game. The idea was that the quick
deadlines would give players new to the game, or to the judge, a chance
to play a game through in a relatively short amount of time, while still
being able to negotiate. That only broadcasts are allowed keeps the
amount of press on a manageable level, despite the short turns.

This turned out to work really well. Since the game seems to be coming
to an end, I've decided to start another one.

The game is held on USIN, and is called 'schwa3'.

(http://www.floc.net/observer.py?judge=USIN&game=schwa3&page=game)

bkhl@elektrubadur.se (Björn Lindström) writes:

> A couple of months I answered a request for a fast-paced newbie game, by
> GM:ing a 24-hour broadcast only game. The idea was that the quick
> deadlines would give players new to the game, or to the judge, a chance
> to play a game through in a relatively short amount of time, while still
> being able to negotiate. That only broadcasts are allowed keeps the
> amount of press on a manageable level, despite the short turns.
>
> This turned out to work really well. Since the game seems to be coming
> to an end, I've decided to start another one.
>
> The game is held on USIN, and is called 'schwa3'.

Because of reasons, we've restarted this game as 'schwa4' (still on
USIN), and have one position still open. Don't hesitate to join, if
you feel like a newbie.

(http://www.floc.net/observer.py?judge=USIN&game=schwa4&page=game)

The player of Germany has apparently dropped out of the game schwa4 on
USIN, so the position is open for take over.

It's not a bad position, as you can see on
http://www.floc.net/observer.py?judge=USIN&game=schwa4&page=game

The game has 24 hour deadlines and is broadcast only, the idea being to
give newbies an opportunity to play through a fairly quick game, with
not too much press, to get a feel for playing on the judge.

bkhl@elektrubadur.se (Björn Lindström) writes:

> The player of Germany has apparently dropped out of the game schwa4 on
> USIN, so the position is open for take over.

Position filled. Thanks.