  • Backup
  • HD
  • Windows XP
June 22, 2005 1:12:06 PM

I have a dell dimension 3000 with 1GB of RAM, P4 2.8GHz Proc. I have attached
an external HD, 200GB. I have manually moved things over to that HD for
backup purposes. I am now trying to run a scheduled win xp backup of the C:
and System State, however when I come in the morning, my pc has gone to a
blue error screen, telling me it had to perform a memory dump. That is the
only time a get that error message, when I am trying to move too much at one
time over to my external HD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

More about : win backup

June 23, 2005 2:18:30 AM

Caddyman wrote:

> I have a dell dimension 3000 with 1GB of RAM, P4 2.8GHz Proc. I have attached
> an external HD, 200GB. I have manually moved things over to that HD for
> backup purposes. I am now trying to run a scheduled win xp backup of the C:
> and System State, however when I come in the morning, my pc has gone to a
> blue error screen, telling me it had to perform a memory dump. That is the
> only time a get that error message, when I am trying to move too much at one
> time over to my external HD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post the stop message error verbatim and someone might be able to give
some additional help.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User