Win XP Backup

I have a dell dimension 3000 with 1GB of RAM, P4 2.8GHz Proc. I have attached
an external HD, 200GB. I have manually moved things over to that HD for
backup purposes. I am now trying to run a scheduled win xp backup of the C:
and System State, however when I come in the morning, my pc has gone to a
blue error screen, telling me it had to perform a memory dump. That is the
only time a get that error message, when I am trying to move too much at one
time over to my external HD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about backup

    Caddyman wrote:

    > I have a dell dimension 3000 with 1GB of RAM, P4 2.8GHz Proc. I have attached
    > an external HD, 200GB. I have manually moved things over to that HD for
    > backup purposes. I am now trying to run a scheduled win xp backup of the C:
    > and System State, however when I come in the morning, my pc has gone to a
    > blue error screen, telling me it had to perform a memory dump. That is the
    > only time a get that error message, when I am trying to move too much at one
    > time over to my external HD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Post the stop message error verbatim and someone might be able to give
    some additional help.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User