Sign in with
Your question

IQRL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL Crashes After Complete Testing

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
August 20, 2012 9:57:04 PM

Hello, I purchased a computer from eMachines for around $200 last year. I had originally bought it because the case was nice and easy to work with. I changed the 1 core Celeron 1.6Ghz to a Dual Core 2.2Ghz. I also upgraded the ram from 2GB to 4GB DDR2.I later started to get blue screens with the error "IQRL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL". I brought it into my local Tiger Direct and a technician said that I had crashed sectors in my hard drive and to buy a new one and re-install Windows 7. I did so and about a few hours after, the system crashed again with the same error. I brought it back to them and they did thorough tests on every component and said that everything was fine. The computer has almost no third party software on it besides Google Chrome, Java and so on and so forth. But it keeps crashing. I figured it was the ram, but after testing it with MEMtest for 6 hours, nothing. I figured it was the GeForce 210 graphics card, so I installed the most recent drivers. Tiger Direct and I pretty much tried everything there was to try, but it keeps giving me IQRL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. If anyone has a solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated.
a b $ Windows 7
August 20, 2012 10:14:00 PM

brandon on the ram upgrade did you buy two new dimms and add to the older ram or did you replace the older ram with new sticks. if you added to the older ram use cpu-z and read all the ram info. want to look at the old ram speed and it timing.
what might be and issues is the new ram could has a lightly faster or slower timing then the old ram. and it causing data to not be written right across the mb/cpu bus. cpu-z has an spd tab that show the speed that the ram can run and the voltage needed.
if the speed and timing is the same you may with 4 dims have to bump the ram voltage up a little.
if you replaced 2 dimms with 2 larger dims check that the dimms speed is not faster then the mb is rated for. I had issues with older p35 mb and 1066 ram..the mb said it ran 1066 ram...but i got bsod like you till i put in slower 800 speed ram.
i would use crucial memory advisor to read your mb and see what the ram speed should be for a set of ram.
if it not the ram i would look at heat or a power issue. i would use hardware monitor and watch your cpu/gpou temps and power supply voltage. (may be from age that there a bad cap in your power supply.)
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 21, 2012 1:39:40 PM

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL generally occurs either due to a driver problem, or bad RAM.

Given the problem occured right after installing RAM, I'd suspect RAM.

Odds are, either one of the two new sticks of RAM contains a fault, OR your motherboard needs a slight voltage bump on the RAM for stability.

In the short term, run memtest86 to test the RAM for errors.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 21, 2012 1:52:16 PM

gamerk316 said:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL generally occurs either due to a driver problem, or bad RAM.

Given the problem occured right after installing RAM, I'd suspect RAM.

Odds are, either one of the two new sticks of RAM contains a fault, OR your motherboard needs a slight voltage bump on the RAM for stability.

In the short term, run memtest86 to test the RAM for errors.

... this.
m
l
August 22, 2012 4:31:32 AM

Hello guys. Sorry it took me so long to reply. smorizio, I have installed new ram completely replacing the old ram on a one channel system (Thats all my motherboard supports). On CPU-Z it says my clock for my PC2-6400 ram is 400 MHz. The voltage is sitting at 1.80V, higher than my actual desktop with 16GB of ram set at a voltage of 1.50V. I have already tested the ram with memtest86 for a few hours and no errors. I might run it again to double check, but I do not know how to increase the voltage on my ram. I know that with my asus motherboard on my actual desktop I can use the asus turbo V key, but that only works with asus motherboards. If you guys know any external third party programs that are similar to this, could you link it.
Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate it!
m
l
!