Armistice Day, etc.

It's been a long while since I last checked up on many Diplomacy sites (long
while since I've played at all). As I was going through my bookmarks, I
noticed that Variantbank.com, Armisticeday.com, and leagueofthelastdays.com
are all now defunct. Is this permanant? Is there a mirror of their
material somewhere? If not now, is such being developed? Such good stuff;
shame if it were gone.
7 answers Last reply
More about armistice
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    Steven Mitchell wrote:
    > It's been a long while since I last checked up on many Diplomacy sites (long
    > while since I've played at all). As I was going through my bookmarks, I
    > noticed that Variantbank.com, Armisticeday.com, and leagueofthelastdays.com
    > are all now defunct. Is this permanant? Is there a mirror of their
    > material somewhere? If not now, is such being developed? Such good stuff;
    > shame if it were gone.

    The Variant Bank is now at http://www.variantbank.org/
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    The Pouch Zine hasn't been published since last Winter, either.

    "Steven Mitchell" <patton1138@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > It's been a long while since I last checked up on many Diplomacy sites
    (long
    > while since I've played at all). As I was going through my bookmarks, I
    > noticed that Variantbank.com, Armisticeday.com, and
    leagueofthelastdays.com
    > are all now defunct. Is this permanant? Is there a mirror of their
    > material somewhere? If not now, is such being developed? Such good
    stuff;
    > shame if it were gone.

  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    "Steven Mitchell" <patton1138@yahoo.com> writes:

    >It's been a long while since I last checked up on many Diplomacy sites (long
    >while since I've played at all). As I was going through my bookmarks, I
    >noticed that Variantbank.com, Armisticeday.com, and leagueofthelastdays.com
    >are all now defunct. Is this permanant? Is there a mirror of their
    >material somewhere? If not now, is such being developed? Such good stuff;
    >shame if it were gone.

    Good question. Stephen Agar has just last night been putting SOME
    of those sites back up.

    http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/home.htm

    Is the base site, and from there you can see which ones you can click, and
    which ones you can't. Many/most things are still accessible.
    And he can put them all back up, he just needs to step in and
    access them to reset them, I think. I've nudged him about the others.

    This is also a good place to note that at www.diplomacyworld.org,
    but NOT at the link off the above page, you can access the latest
    issue of Diplomacy World, Issue #91, Fall 2004. We're all sorry
    that there haven't been any Diplomatic Pouch issues this year yet,
    but usual Pouch writers like Eric Hunter and Derek McLachlin
    are in DW this time. Plus we have the FULL results from this
    summer's World DipCon in Birmingham, UK. Thanks to David Norman!!

    Check it out, it is an Adobe PDF download. Get the reader for
    free at Adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.

    Thanks to new co-editor, Tim Haffey, we remain dead on schedule
    this year, Dec. 1 is the deadline for the next issue.

    Jim-Bob
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    Alan Lange <alange11@hotmail.com> writes:

    >Steven Mitchell wrote:
    >> It's been a long while since I last checked up on many Diplomacy sites (long
    >> while since I've played at all). As I was going through my bookmarks, I
    >> noticed that Variantbank.com, Armisticeday.com, and leagueofthelastdays.com
    >> are all now defunct. Is this permanant? Is there a mirror of their
    >> material somewhere? If not now, is such being developed? Such good stuff;
    >> shame if it were gone.
    >>

    >The Variant Bank is now at http://www.variantbank.org/

    Thanks, Alan, except for the Variant Bank, that is as Alan states
    at www.variantbank.org

    Jim-Bob
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    They all seem to be back up and running. Must be I just hit 'em on that one
    day, eh?

    "Steven Mitchell" <patton1138@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > It's been a long while since I last checked up on many Diplomacy sites
    > (long while since I've played at all). As I was going through my
    > bookmarks, I noticed that Variantbank.com, Armisticeday.com, and
    > leagueofthelastdays.com are all now defunct. Is this permanant? Is there
    > a mirror of their material somewhere? If not now, is such being
    > developed? Such good stuff; shame if it were gone.

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    "Steven Mitchell" <patton1138@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > It's been a long while since I last checked up on many Diplomacy sites
    > (long while since I've played at all). As I was going through my
    > bookmarks, I noticed that Variantbank.com, Armisticeday.com, and
    > leagueofthelastdays.com are all now defunct. Is this permanant? Is there
    > a mirror of their material somewhere? If not now, is such being
    > developed? Such good stuff; shame if it were gone.

    My webspace provider had some problems about 8 weeks back and I hadn't
    realised that everything got wiped - but I am in the process of putting it
    all back up again.

    I got quite a demanding and high profile job just over a year ago - that
    combined with a house move which meant I no longer had a study, really
    sapped my enthusiasm. However, as luck would have it I know have a study
    again (thanks to a loft conversion) and I have managed to get all my
    Diplomacy stuff out of storage. A new issue of League of the Last Days will
    be out very soon.

    Regards

    Stephen
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.diplomacy (More info?)

    "Steven Mitchell" <patton1138@yahoo.com> writes:

    No, you asked, and I followed up with Stephen, and he fixed them!
    That's what r.g.d is for, so thanks for noting it!!! Stephen
    is even going to get that next League of the Last Days going....
    I need help!!! SO thanks.

    Jim-Bob

    >They all seem to be back up and running. Must be I just hit 'em on that one
    >day, eh?

    >"Steven Mitchell" <patton1138@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> It's been a long while since I last checked up on many Diplomacy sites
    >> (long while since I've played at all). As I was going through my
    >> bookmarks, I noticed that Variantbank.com, Armisticeday.com, and
    >> leagueofthelastdays.com are all now defunct. Is this permanant? Is there
    >> a mirror of their material somewhere? If not now, is such being
    >> developed? Such good stuff; shame if it were gone.

Games Video Games