Your question

Internet issues with new computer.

Tags:
  • Wireless Access
  • Modem
  • Internet Connection
  • Computers
October 24, 2010 10:56:55 PM

Hoping this is the spot for my issue. I purchased an HP Pavillio 6000 series, Windows 7. Everything seems to run fine but my internet connection of often spotty. I have an old Motorola SB 4200 Modem that Cablevision (my cable provider) gave us. I have it connected with a Linksys Wireless G-broadband router. My daughter is connected to the wireless and never has issues with connecting to the internet. My internet connection can vary. In doing the troubleshooting on my computer it tells me I have a modem issue - "The connection between your access point, router or cable modem and the interneet is broken". As a solution it tells me to unplug the modem and wireless router- wait 10 seconds then plug in. This solution is spotty as well. HP told to use restore points - I don't think that is a proper solution but I've done it and the results again vary. I called my cable company - they sent a signal and said the modem is fine. Something is clearly not right. Could it be something in my computer. My computer has a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (whtever that is), could this be bad or is it most likely that my old modem is on the final days and is just reacting like it is about to go?

Thanks - any guidance for a solution would be appreciated.

BSZ

More about : internet issues computer

Related resources
!