Windows Installer Service issues

I am unable to install any programs on a Windows XP pro system. The
installation (of Adobe Acrobat) fails with the message "Event ID 1015: failed
to conenct to the server." We have attempted un-registering and
re-registering the service, and installing the latest version of msiexec.
The re-registration of the service has no effect. The re-installation
procedure fails with an "access denied" message when attempting to back up
the current registry settings.

"David V" <DavidV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am unable to install any programs on a Windows XP pro system. The
>installation (of Adobe Acrobat) fails with the message "Event ID 1015: failed
>to conenct to the server." We have attempted un-registering and
>re-registering the service, and installing the latest version of msiexec.
>The re-registration of the service has no effect. The re-installation
>procedure fails with an "access denied" message when attempting to back up
>the current registry settings.

I would retry this from the Safe Mode or a clean environment. If it
works this time, scan your system for viruses and other malware.
"How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353)
"List of Antivirus Software Vendors"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=49500)

--