Can 32gb sd card run on an 16bg sd card supported phone!!

G

hello ther mates, I was wondering if a phone that supports maximum of 16gb of sd memory can also support a 32gb sd card??

i have got an xperia x10i so Is there a way to partition a 32gb sd crd~~~16gb for internal and 16gb for use of sd slot!!

junaid96

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Hey there - nice to see you have made the switch to Android :)

About your question though - I think you are getting a couple of things mixed up.

"Is there a way to partition a 32gb sd crd~~~16gb for internal and 16gb for use of sd slot"

An SD card is... for use of sd slot.
Internal memory/ROM is for internal.

You can't use an SD card for internal memory, because... it doesn't make sense.

It's like saying if I add external memory will it be internal - No, because you said it yourself, it's external!

As for the 32gb in a 16gb business, I think that when Android 2.1 is released for your phone (unless it already is), then it will support 32gb. However, I wouldn't try this until you are certain. Also, what are you going to use that much space for? If it's for movies, then it's pointless, because once you have seen a movie, you can delete it from your phone. If it's for apps, remember that a) you can't move an app to the SD card with android 2.1, and b) even if you do move an app to SD, about 10% of the app still remains on the phone internal memory at least, meaning there is still a limit.

Hope I answered your question :p

Junaid96