Sign in with
Your question

Audigy with soltek motherboard sound horrible

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2004 8:30:16 PM

This has happened before, and I suspect something to do with sound codecs or drivers, but I have a sound blaster audigy, not the fancy one, on a soltek motherboard with an athlon 1.2ghz. All of a sudden, out of nowhere my sound sounds terrible, too bad to listen to music. The bass sounds like somebody stomping in mud, and the sound is sort of scrambled and stutters a lot depending on the song. THIS IS NOT THE SPEAKERS, and this has happended before, but has been fixed before by reformating and reinstalling windows. I am using windows 98 SE. I don't know if this is with mp3's only or not, but all my mp3's sound terrible. Any suggestions on what it is or how I fix it?
April 11, 2004 7:45:41 AM

The Kt133 mobo gets this compatible problem with sound blaster card.Maybe you can rearrange the IRQ of your devices to fix the problem.But believe me better to upgrade your system now.

Truth is somewhere out there!
--Movie 'X Files'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by neveroldmilk on 04/11/04 03:47 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
April 15, 2004 8:25:05 PM

You say that you are not too sure whether its your MP3s or not. However its best to ensure that your MP3s are encoded at a decent quality. I go for 192kps or above but no lower than 128kps or you will start to loose the subtle elements in many songs.

Have you tried playing the MP3s on a PC with a different sound card? Check all these basic factors before making a drastic change!

PC Spec: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ running at 1.25ghz, ECS K7S5A Motherboard, 768MB SDRAM PC133, Sparkle nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 32MB AGP Graphics Card, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 6.1, Windows Me
!