How to cheat the software that I have a Microphone?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Hi all,

I am a IBM Viavoice and Scansoft Dragon Speaking software.

Using Microphone, I can speak to the PC and it transcribes all my sayings
into texts.

How can I do this offline?

I want to have the following scheme:

1. I record my voice mail in a professional recorder, offline, it will save
my voice mail digitally into PCMCM format.

2. Then I load this voice mail file into my PC.

3. I need a method to cheat the IBM Viavoice and Scansoft Dragon Speaking
software to think the voice mail file is my microphone.

For quality issues, I cannot just play-back the recording file loud and let
the microphone pick-up the sound from the loudspeaker.

How can I do that?

thanks a lot!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Two sound cards would do it. Make the line-out of one, the mic-in of the other.

--
Mark L. Ferguson